The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 20

@Akera93
I disagree. He fucked up big time, we get, that doesn't make him an asshole. To me, the most important thing here are his intentions. In the end, the one who scarred the children was Ruhahel. He also had a contract with her and the imperial palace is dangerous for the children as you can see, as soon as he accepted the children into the palace, they were targeted by the anti-emperor faction. Also, the emperor sent money to Ruhahel or whatever and she used it on useless bullshit. The emperor probably knew she was a total bitch, but did he expect her to be a total bitch to her own kin? I don't know. I also don't know exactly what the contract was, but it probably had to do with Ruhahel and the children being isolated in that mansion.

Was the emperor foolish in expecting everything to be fine? Yes, did he want the children to suffer? No. Clearly no.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mizumachi
For an emperor like him who knows how bitchy their mother is and how she'd do anything for money, why did he expect her to be any different now ? He even said in one of those monologues of his that he is fully aware of her character and that she only cares about the money. To expect her to become all motherly isn't just naive, it's basically throwing the kids in a river and expecting things to work themselves out. That doesn't happen. Tbe kids even said the maids and servants abused them, so within one of of the emperor's castles, mere servants were abusing the emperor's kids and he emperor had the wool pulled over his eyes ? No, he chose to not care and that is his crime. If he cared even 1% he could've had a trusted servant spy on how things are going there. It wouldn't have costed him anything and he would've been assured that everything was normal and that he kids are being cared for. He didn't bother even doing that. We're not discussing fatherly love and affections here. If he had taken care of them and wasn't all warm and fuzzy then I wouldn't have complained and I would've said at most "he should learn how to emotionally deal with kids " but him turning a blind eye on his kids is, to me, equal to enticing them to jail and then wondering why they're malnourished, bruised and emotionally scarred. Seriously? You did this dude. No one else did. If the servant raised their hand on them, it is under your name and power and it's as if you did it with your own filthy hands.

Him bring surprised at how they're acting angers me so much like an abuser who asks the abused why they're flinching or where they got the scar from.

Fed-Kun's army
He tries lmao but I Ain’t ready to forgive the emperor just yet. This guy is totally clueless on how to parent (not his fault but he should at least be learning from someone who does know how to parent kids) but what IS his fault was him being indifferent enough to not find out what was happening the first 5 years of the twin’s lives. The twins are clearly traumatized and no amount of gifts are gonna remove that trauma.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter dump! I really want to know what happens to these kids tbh

Group Leader
“You think we’ll be entertained by these toys!’”

- 5 minutes later

*is entertained*

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!!

Thx for mass release.
I like this series, but for me isekai/ reincarnation trope is nearly useless now. Yes, they've got little more mental resistance, but they forgot everything regarding school, etc.Hope, that head maid appear again.

...is it me or the toy castle looks awfully a lot like Hyrule castle from "Twilight Princess"? 😅

And thanks for the releases!!!! Can't wait for more but take your time: scanlating can be pretty demanding so, yes, "Festina lente" 😘

@Mizumachi I gotta say that I disagree with you about the intent of the emperor. He said it himself that illegitimate children are an Emperor's biggest weakness and that he even thought about killing them. Since he couldn't bring himself to do it he instead abandoned them to Ruhahel, knowing how she'd treat them. He ignored the problem : as long as he didn't see them getting mistreated he wasn't feeling guilty, as if it wasn't his responsibility.
Did he want them to die? No, clearly not, otherwise he'd have killed them himself. But did he think naively that everything would be alright? Clearly that's not the case. He knew things would go terribly wrong for them, but he didn't care either way. Turning a blind eye is already being responsible in this case.

So the kids reactions are normal. Even though they are 23 years old mentally, if you abuse a 17 years old highschooler for 5 years straight it's only natural that they'd be distrustful to everyone. Especially towards the father who abandoned them. Remember that they could have died multiple times there : throwing a vase at a 5 years old kid could pretty much kill him.

With this being said, I still agree that this is kind of excessive for two reasons. First, the Emperor is clearly feeling guilty. Sure guilt can't just erase your crimes, and he will have to live with this sin forever. The kids don't have to forgive him and act differently just because he is feeling guilty. Having to endure the victim's distrust and hatred is natural on the road of redemption. Which brings me to the second reason why I agree that this is excessive : this is a work of fiction. This not a real life simulation: there is a plot, and for the plot's purpose the situation got to change one way or another. The kids can't just stay distrustful forever, the story got to move on or otherwise this will quickly get boring. For the Emperor to have his redemption arc, the kids have to somehow open up to him. So I hope they will soon open up and don't stay this way forever, because there are barely no interactions between characters as of now. Whatever the imperial family will do, the kids will always react in the same way, and I can see how this can quickly become a problem in terms of plot.

Also, thanks a lot to the translators for the mass release and the quality translation!

Ah, so it's his resting face. All cleared up now.

Thank you very much for the mass release!

Aggregator gang
Man, it is really telling to the level of their abuse that they so easily became comfortable with the maid that constantly demeaned and emotionally abused them. The way Arien comments on it, it's almost like they miss her.

Users who are viewing this thread