The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 20

Thank you for the translations! The story is moving quite slow and still no character development so it’s hard for me to even like them but my curiosity has kept me interested.

@Kekitus
I believe that he clearly made a big fucky wucky and that he was foolish. I am certainly not saying that he should be forgiven, however, trying to atone is not a sin and well, forgiving him is up to the children.

Let us see how he earns forgiveness. I don't blame the other siblings much because they are basically children themselves despite having manifestation. Except the crown prince maybe, dunno how old he is, but the second prince is 10 if I am not mistaken.

The only truly unforgivable creature here is Ruhahel, even if the emperor fucked up big time. It would be another if he actually had Ruhahel's intentions and personality or something of the like.
I don't understand why she would treat her children like that. Was she raised without any love? Like what the fuck?
I can understand why the emperor didn't bring them in, but he could have been able to help help when they were trapped by Ruhahel. That was his bad.

@Mizumachi agreed. I'm still waiting to see how he will earn his forgiveness as well. As I said, I don't want him to be an unforgivable character : he messed up big time but I agree that Ruhahel is still the one to blame. She's the one who directly abused them. The Emperor is guilty of negligence which, while still being bad, isn't as horrible as what Ruhahel did.

And you shouldn't really try to understand why she acted this way in my opinion. I think it's actually better that the author doesn't provide any backstory for this. It always kind of annoys me when an author tries to justify abusive characters by giving them a poor background, as if we had to feel sorry for them or anything. I know authors tend to do this to try to give more "depth" to the character, but it always comes off to me as them trying to justify their terrible behavior. I think she's just a terrible mother and a terrible person, and that there is nothing more to say. Some people are just cruel and evil.

@Kekitus
Even if she were to have a safe backstory, the fact that she abused her kids won't be justified. I do understand disliking that habit some authors exhibit.

Dex-chan lover
So.
We got some questions answered on a few things. That's for sure.
I'm enjoying this general tone as we settle in and wait for each chapter.

@jlc AGREED!!! It's been annoying me for a while now that Arjen is continuously pushed to the backburner. This feels more like a princess story, and then 'has a twin brother' as an afterthought. No one really approaches him, only Arien is the usual to be approached. I still like the story, and I'd like to see the full family redemption plot, but I just want at least one person to look at Arjen and address him equally.

@jlc indeed. The last chapters before the massive update release had me this thinking if Arjen is just a side chara even though it’s called The Twin Siblings’. The way the author expositioned more on Arien makes it more prevalent to say that she’s the only main lead. It’s kind of sad.

haha i wanna get to know arjen more pls 😭😭
also, is the emperor implying that the kids will want a whole army???

Finally! Horses that actually look like horses and not huge muscled barrels with legs!! I’m loving this series, thank you so much for translating it! They’re so cute and I love how their family immediately went into “dote on” mode!,

Yeah, my only issue with this story so far is that most of it is told from Ariel’s POV. I don’t get to see enough of Arjen’s thoughts and feelings. They only come up when she specifically addresses it.

Users who are viewing this thread