The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Oh no! The kids are angry for some reason! Right after they passed by the tea room with its doors already open, literally seconds after I said that I would have killed them if it weren't for some very specific things!

Clearly it's that duke's boy. All his fault.

Why is this guy the emperor again?

The kids are such drama queens. I dont get why they are so upset. Like, your dad didtlove your mom, obviously he isnt gonna want to have kids

Dex-chan lover
@Reimos - Agreed - it's not a misunderstanding. The emperor just needs to realize that, hey, maybe explaining everything to his kids will result in them being able to come to terms with why they'd been abandoned so long.

Actually, wait, no - he probably realizes how much of an asshole that makes him. Dude really dug a hole for himself, didn't he?

Double-page supporter
While it's a misunderstanding, (that it's the duke's sons fault) it's nice to see the bad guys having a hard time. Also, the royal family are a bit stupid, aren't they?

@kato20 Wow, clearly your the type of person who thinks going to kindergartner and tell them their Dad wanted her to have an abortion because he divorced your mom is also a good idea.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah...It's not a misunderstanding, unfortunately, even if his feelings have changed now - which he should have AT LEAST tacked on the end to say his feelings had changed. But no, that's the kind of thing you never share, especially with young children. "Ah yes, when I found out they were going to be born, I didn't want them. I even thought I wanted them DEAD. Hahaha isn't it funny to look back on?" No. That's completely unacceptable as a parent, even if it's in confidence with another family member, even if you are Certain the children in question couldn't hear you.

Like @Reimos said, that's the kind of thing that can really mess up someone, even if they aren't a child anymore. It's no wonder these twin's minimal trust in him was completely shattered, even if the "friend" hadn't been whittling that away already. I'm still frustrated that these poor kids can't catch a break and are getting manipulated by their circumstances. Honestly, if we got a plot twist where they were able to escape the palace and be taken care of by their red-haired guardian for awhile I'd be up for it. This palace is an atrocious place for children to grow up in.

edit: yeah, I get that they weren't supposed to hear that. That does not IN THE LEAST make his words any better.

Dex-chan lover
The emperor and first prince misunderstood but the twins 100% understood because the emperor was not lying and meant every word he said. The only one who understands the twins properly is the second prince and their guardian. It's mostly due to the royal family never experiencing hardship or childhood personally so they're completely ignorant to their suffering

I feel like people hating this misunderstanding have unrealistic expectations of the twins and themselves. Yes it’s frustrating because we KNOW things about the emperor’s story. That’s the whole point of dramatic irony.

But seriously, if you were in their shoes would you speak up? If you could, then great, but it’s so much harder when you’re actually in such a fragile mental and emotional state. If anything I give them props for not breaking down or lashing out. Just because they’re mentally adults doesn’t mean they’re perfect, steel minded badasses. 25 isn’t even that old.

Besides, sure the cause of the misunderstanding is cliche. But if they just solved things so easily then this would be even more boring. And it would be unrealistic. They’ve been abused and neglected all this time and LITERALLY the only person they could trust was each other. Then suddenly they’re pulled into the palace with no real explanation by the ‘family’ that never gave a crap before, in a place full of political games. If anything suddenly showering them with affection and care would make them more on edge, since they’d be wondering what the catch is. So why would they bother talking to the emperor? How do they know he’ll even speak honestly, if at all? And why are they obligated to try and understand the royals who basically left them for dead? Because they’re family? UwU oppas and daddy love them so much tho? Fuck that noise.

Commit this to memory, for all y’all’s sakes. When someone hurts you, especially THAT badly, you have absolutely no obligation to listen to or forgive them. Could you fix things if you did? Maybe. But you’d likely face even more pain in the process, and you shouldn’t have to put yourself through that just for the sake of being ‘the better/ good person.’ Whether or not you talk to them is YOUR choice. And even if they have a good reason, that doesn’t automatically make what happened okay.

From what they’ve seen, he’s a total hypocrite. He neglects them, never wanted them, even wanted to kill them, then suddenly summons them and acts like he wants them as family. He treats them almost like they’re his legitimate kids. Just as they’re lowering their guard, getting their hopes up, they hear all this, and also see they’re not even officially registered/ acknowledged.

On the other hand, the emperor has never really dealt with children bc his kids all grew up like, immediately. Is he supposed to just unload all his thought processes on toddlers? Should he expect them to understand??? And what would he even say???? “Hey kids sorry I abandoned you, but it’s because I was forced or else I would have died. I won’t kill you now though, and you can have anything you want.” Even if he said things directly I doubt anyone would take that very well.

All that said, while I feel while the reactions and reasonings for each character are flawed and realistic, the plot forces those reactions and coincidences to happen in such a clunky and cliche way.

I doubt their runaway plan will be at all thought out, but I can hope. Either way it’s the author’s fault, not the twins’.

@sirflimflam @TheBlueAvocado

You have to remember that they were abused for years which will affect their mentality even if they are mentally 25+ years old.

And yes, they are currently being doted and cared for but as far as they know, it is because of a whim. Whose to say he wont do it again. I mean he did compleately ignore their existense until recently. If their mother hadnt died the emperor would have kept ignoring their existense.

Dex-chan lover
So did the red head die? She even jerked away from the emporer's touch and want to leave

not now twins, not now. there's ppl coming after ur lives outside so stay in for the night 😔

Well... in other words... people react not of their age but of their emotions...
for people who are mentally and emotionally damaged.. it's just that hard to accept and trust people around you..

even if I get in their shoes.. I wouldn't trust the Emperor too.. haha even after knowing the truth of how the emperor cares about them.. i still don't wanna open my heart to him... what's more of these twins.. that's just how it is..

so yeah.. it is not the age.. it is the person's feelings and stability of their emotions.. and it is not childish.. and definitely not because of immaturity or stupidity.. they have grown.. but it is the kind of growth that's a little bit on an unpleasant side due to their experiences...

As frustrating as things are (misunderstandings, communication, manipulating behind the scenes) I prob would do the same (run with my twin/one person I trust) in that situation

Double-page supporter
I begin to feel angry toward the twin but at the same time I think what they are going to do is reasonable. Who would have trusted the Emperor after hearing that? Hope they won’t get tricked by the 10 years old kid. But well, whatever happens, happens. This is dragging too long and takes too long to update.

Stop using isekai if it's not even going to do anything to push the story forward. Honestly, the way they act is no different than if they were just normal twins. Smh. All the people saying, "tHEy WeRe aBuSED" seem to be forgetting that this is an isekai and we expect isekai advantages.

Double-page supporter
I fucking really hate these MC's - people try to kill you, yet you willingly go and make yourself a better and easier target, just because a couple of words you overheard, without confirming as to what the real circumstances were... For fucks sake, I thought you were reincarnators, not actual fucking brats with zero life experience.

Users who are viewing this thread