The Twin Siblings’ New Life - Ch. 31

Fed-Kun's army
I don't why the author put the isekai of adults in children bodies if they aren't going to act like adults...

Also it seems the emperor being suspicious of Duke Rowen happened due to a misunderstanding XD

Task failed successfully

Fed-Kun's army
Y'all are dog piling onto the MC's cause you know they're in danger. They don't. Their decision to leave, while questionable, is not totally stupid; they think that by leaving their lives will no longer be at risk by going into hiding from both the Emperor and the nobility. They literally just listened to their father talk about how he wanted to kill them; no wonder they want to flee.

I always take 'adults reincarnate into the bodies of children' with a grain of salt because what usually is the case is that the characters in question are normal children, but with recollections of a previous life experience and not actually in possession of an adult mentality - i guess something akin to being given a book about how to be an adult, without fully understanding the contents. Arien and Arjen are more mature than children their age, but they certainly dont have of the emotional maturity to make more rational decisions or understanding that others have complex circumstances that they may not know or understand - perfectly reasonable if you consider that they are abused children who were suddenly taken in by the people they thought didnt care for them. The fear is ingrained in them, as is the mistrust and pain - their past life basically just facilitates them understanding that they dont deserve such treatment, that they can live a better life and helps them cope, but it doesnt make them any less vulnerable to being hurt again emotionally by others. Memories of a normal past life will hardly affect them as much as a harmful present reality.

That being said.... all the misunderstandings are getting very frustrating. This family needs to have a nice long discussion together.... 2nd bro needs to come and slap everyone

All these misunderstandings are becoming annoying. If this is how it's going to be then I might have to drop

The lack of communication and the never ending misunderstandings is physically killing me 😒😒😒

Double-page supporter
"Let's leave."
And go where? Did they forget someone else was trying to kill them just two or three chapters ago?? What makes them think it's such a good idea?? There's literally no point in this being an isekai if they're not going to gain any isekai benefits and cheats. Seems to me, the isekai aspect is nothing more than a scheme to attract readers.

Edit:
It's funny how people are complaining about point A but the white knights are defending point B. lmao

Fed-Kun's army
Even if the kids are mentally 25ish years old, they've undergone ~5 years of constant physical abuse and torture. Emotional abuse, starvation, being demeaned and have ingrained trust issues. The constant truth of the story is the only ones they have to rely on is their sibling bond.

While their new siblings HAVE treated them better than the bitch, and the emperor... They haven't been straightforward with them. The only person who has been straightforward with them is the nanny who treats them like scum but at least treats them honestly.

The emperor hasn't explained anything to them, and everything they've learned has all been 2nd hand or third-hand knowledge... Like knowledge fed to them by a "Friend" they were basically hinted at to accept because he was near their physical age.

Now they're told that if the Emperor had had a real choice in the situation, they would have been killed before being allowed to live. Past life or not, that kills any emotions you have inside.

When my mother told me that she regrets marrying my father and wished she'd married another man out of anger after a fight... And I remind her that I'd never have been born. Regardless of how she insists to the contrary, if her partner hadn't been my father... I wouldn't have existed.

Being told you shouldn't exist.. Particularly in the case of these two children whom have struggled just TO exist all their second lives...

Running away, constantly choosing not to being emotionally invested. That's a realistic response from an abused child.

If they're reincarnated they should at least know that two 5 year olds running away won't really help them survive in the world. The story would have been fine without the whole isekai plot since the royal family is known to be naturally talented and intelligent...

It is not just the trauma that makes one childish. If people treat someone like a child, constantly, they will adapt to some extend. If someone is constantly being looked down upon or not being allowed to make decisions, they will hesitate to make them and to speak for themself. If any one of you would end up in a group of children for some reason, with no other adults around, you would act more like a child as time passes. That part is actually well displayed. Don't underestimate how fragile the human mind is. You are, to some extend, a reflection of your surroundings.

Fed-Kun's army
@hikufalafel Why the hell do isekai protagonists need to get "benefits and cheats"?, there are plenty of other reasons to do an isekai story.
That aside though I do agree the story is being pretty stupid, though I'm more annoyed at the other characters than the twins.

They are currently undergoing turbulent times emotionally with no safe place to call home.
After all this they hear something equivalent to "I wish they hadn't been born". *sigh*

I too wish the misunderstandings would cease, I can tell how caring they all are. It's painful.

Aggregator gang
I almost fucking cried when the emperor tried to touch Arien and she flinched, the look in the kid's eyes, their expressions. ;-; IM SO SAD I JUST WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY LMAO FUCJELFNAFKJN

Dex-chan lover
Seems like the second prince is the only one with brains in this family. Stupid emperor...

Also poor guardian. 😅

Dex-chan lover
Isekai, otherwise known as Otherworld, otherwise known as Reincarnated/Transferred to another world.....
But you are right, they are fairly dumb to forget so fast about the attempt on their life

The characters are getting... dumber. If this familial issue does not get resolved soon, I think I'm gonna drop this.

Users who are viewing this thread