The Twin Siblings' New Life

Oh?
Could this be their puberty setting in now that they have sufficient food and rest?

@Runadaemon
I was thinking the same thing. There are more raws so we could probably find out a few chapters ahead, but they're behind a subscription to a Korean site...

Group Leader
Oh god... I just looked at the raws for chapter 22 and found that the result of these nasty headaches and passing out is that when they wake up later they each have
an extra twenty feet or so of hair and I AM DYING OF LAUGHTER you can hardly tell them apart when both of them are in nightgowns with twenty foot hair

Group Leader
@pearm, tbh, neither could I. I was examining the images to see if maybe they had
grown at least a little
but no. Only their
hair.

Dex-chan lover
@Barajou
actually they also grow about 10 cm taller too. which is about 4 inches. lol. so not just hair. ooo, and their bodies healed.

Group Leader
Honestly? I stopped reading early on because I had an awful feeling that this was going to be another "sure i abandoned you to a life of abuse and and misery because [insert wobbly ass justification for parental neglect] and I am VERY blonde sooooooo... Forgive me?😚🥺"

But i came back and i like that the twins have not ever been comfortable around anyone. I especially enjoy that the Imperial Family's attempts to do right by them are interpreted negatively - how you jump on a 7yo's head, boot first, pavement last, over some childish snottiness, then look at the 5yos all proud, like they wouldn't think "oh shit, that's us next innit." How does a maximum genius blessed by his god pull his sword out on a cowering servant in a ripped apart room and think "weird how my kids are scared of me and not the torn up room that they couldn't possibly think i tore up. Boy being a dad sure is rough."
Note: the above isn't really a criticism, i like how vast the cultural gap is between the Imperials and the twins. They truly don't have a clue that they've dragged the twins from one hell to a different hell but with gold trim. I hope this uncomfortable struggle continues with gradual, natural improvement. Better that than buying affection.

Only real crit of this story I've had is i really don't get the point or idealization of manifestation. Other than "the imperial family has it so it must be good," I'm struggling to comprehend why having a 3yo look like an 18yo would be good. Like other than writer justification type stuff (eg "can't be mad at the super genius bloodthirsty 3rd Prince for stepping on a little kid and threatening his family because *technically* he's only 7 :) he just don't know better!") I can't think of an in-universe reason for rapid growth being perceived as a great thing.
Oh also: i know the head maid wasn't as bad as the rest, but every ~haaaaa...~ had me ready to lose it. We all know that sigh.

Good job to the translators AND good job to the editors, proofers, and typesetters! Been reading a lot of translated novels lately - the letter group doesn't get enough credit for making stuff so readable and natural sounding!

Group Leader
@IlaiaCorde Oh
Thank god something happened. As someone who can read absolutely no Korean and can only look at the pictures, I really thought they had a round of spontaneous hair growth.

Users who are viewing this thread