The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.5

Fed-Kun's army
@Vincentius Do you know any otome game that has villainesses and such? Somehow all the ones I played have nothing similar to this lol.
It makes me feel like it's not actually an otome game cliche but is an otome game cliche inside the villainess/otome game genre of novels.

If not then... where are all the otome games with that cliche.....? Have I somehow managed to miss all of them.............? 🤔

I have no idea.... o3o

Fed-Kun's army
Akari's like a child, she's way too upfront and impatient. I like that she does what she wants to but, I also hope she can have a little bit more sense. Hopefully, she seriously changes.

Dex-chan lover
Was upset it was an entire chapter for those two jokes but there was Tia and aqua at the end, thank god. I cant stand princes like heartknight, who fall in love with some other girl because "she doesn't follow the rules so I feel relaxed." I hope he has more sleepless nights

@SakuraOrihime i'm an otoge player and read many manga with this cliche premise, but i never encounter any love rival who also a villain like what it's stated in this kind of manga. I mean, after i get the love interest, they just left. Never saw them dead tragically, but if the villain is a man ... well, some of them died.

Aggregator gang
@SakuraOrihime: The otoge I usually play don't have villainesses. I think at first the genre were just girls got reincarnated as 'villainesses' in manga/anime/novels, then they wanted to add more love interests or concrete reasons for them to struggle (many death endings, exiled, suicide, etc...) so they made it "reincarnated as villainesses in otoge" 😂

@SakuraOrihime: Villainesses/rival characters were more common in older otome games, but the trope has basically died out in recent years. Rosalia from Angelique (though she’s more of a rival, and Ange can befriend her during the game... plus she doesn’t die lmao) is probably the most traditional example I can think of in that she’s a typical oujo-sama next to Ange’s commoner background. Villainesses in otome tended to be more like Rika from Amnesia; jealous fan club members for the token flirt characters, and most of them wouldn’t even have names.

tl;dr: there is backing for the villainess trope but it’s basically just from super old games and it’s died out by now.

Ah I would like to see our sweet couple more... Akari is just too annoying, that Prince must be stupid that he fell for Akari just because he found her interesting while he had Tiara by his side. Yeah, definitely stupid😑😅
Thanks for the update~^^

Dex-chan lover
ok i think that she might also be a reincarnate her self, seeing as how differently she’s acting towards the prince and how she already has “seen his face.”

Dex-chan lover
@dysperwithaperiod: We already know that she's definitely a reincarnator. Her internal monologue after she was put under house arrest early on made that much clear; there's no other plausible explanation for why she's angry and confused that Tiara is not behaving like she was expecting her to.

@sambucety Tbh its the same equivalent as all those scenes where the guy gives the girl his jacket and on the way home she's like "I can still smell his scent" XD They're both equally weird

Users who are viewing this thread