The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 12

you right, lady artiya, The duke and artezia should totally dance atleast once. good point good point

Press F to pay respects to Lila bc Grand Duke Evron and Artezia are gonna end her social career lmao

I love it, so many of these villainess stories are so blunt and heavy handed with insults. Even if they were a bit too direct and hostile it was a good exchange.

(I'm just gonna ramble and point out the obvious from here on out.)

So the pink haired girl says that the mc has worn the same dress 4 times, and that can only mean one of two things: She doesn't have money (which no one would think is the case given her family's position), or she is too unfashionable for polite society. The mc then pulled the piety card by saying she was plain. She took a loss that wasn't really a loss as modesty is as much a virtue as low self esteem is a flaw. She then complemented her antagonist (which makes the pink haired girl look like a jerk), then established the quality of the dress. By pointing out that the dress is of high quality, the mc proves that she has fashion sense which negates the original insult. The pink haired girl accepted that loss in exchange for the prestige of having her own tastes and wealth acknowledged. Then, with the pink haired girl's confirmation of the quality of the dress the mc proceeds the wreak the girl's social standing by revealing that her parents are desperate to marry her off to a rich man before they collapse financially. I imagine she uses some of her future knowledge on this one. If for no other reason than it is information that pertained to one of her early rivals in her previous life, she would have likely noted it and remembered.

If I had a complaint about this scene it would be that she acts like an injured puppy when the Grand Duke appears, and the pink haired girl loses all composure. It can all be reasoned though I suppose. The pink haired girl just received a shock and would like to take the opportunity to get on the Grand Duke's good side since he appears at social events so infrequently. Still, she assumed someone of his standing could only be coming to talk to her and deserved to be brushed off, then she got right into his face and demanded something of him at the end. Not the way a noble lady should act at all.

The main character's puppy attitude though is a bit harder to nail down I suppose. She's supposed to be quite smart so on one side it's possible she's trying to act the way the she thinks the saintess would act. On the other hand it's possible that she's just tired, uncomfortable in the spotlight, and appreciates the attention after being emotionally abused by her mother her entire life, then betrayed by her brother.

I hope the story continues like this. I've always enjoyed trying to pick apart human interactions.

You are spoiling us with this double release! Thank you so so much. I love this series!

Lady Artiya what a wingwoman.

Setting up Evron and Artezia to dance like that. What a kind soul.

Fed-Kun's army
Lmfao watch Pinkie’s attempt at dancing w Grand Duke McHotty backfire and turn her into Artezia’s inadvertent wingman. Thanks for the great chapter!

@Wizard_Howl this comment has me dead 😭😂 since her wearing the same dress was actually part of the story, maybe his clothes being plain is to show he stays humble/is frugal despite his status and achievements? they might use it as an excuse to have a makeover chapter where they’re both decked out going to some ball as a power couple or smth

That Artiya girl is a delulu lol. I really have high expectations for this manhwa now and I'm excited to read more. Thank you for translating!

"Okay then. Let's dance then go back, Artezia."
XDDD

Buuuurn, Arteya, buuuuuurn you shameful spoiled little girl.

What a pitiful attempt to make a man dance with you. Lol
Also I would have told her I have no interest in dancing with a man who can't remember if he danced with me last ball or not.
As for her acting pitiful: the man she is trying to marry is the type that likes to protect and defend. AND what person doesn't want to be loved it receive some support? Her family treats her like crap.

Dex-chan lover
It's like hi passing by and ignoring her wasn't enough she needs to be humiliated even more

Double-page supporter
Pink princess has an entitlement problem (who doesn't? They're nobles, the pigs), but our girl is the real devious one here! She knows exactly how to conquer the duke. That pious modesty, that subtle hint at victimization, that delicate -- oh so very delicate -- balance between stoic and sympathetic, quietly appealing to his better natures rather than his baser ones, and behind it all the intrigue of a sharp intellect within. Who can resist lending a hand to the lovely, unfortunate damsel?

Such witchcraft, this femme fatale. I love her.

i need moreeeeeeeeee i just found this manhwa
but i hope our mc has more devious plans in store, i love seeing a smart and strong female protag

Users who are viewing this thread