The Villainess Lives Again - Vol. 1 Ch. 33

The reasons some people are against Discord are:

- It has irritating sign up requirements, usually requiring a phone number.
- It's essentially another social media. (With all the associated problems of selling data etc. to boot)
- Even if it's not the intention, forcing everyone to join your discord group is basically empire-building.

Again, serious props to the scanlation group for doing these scans, and I wish them the best in their efforts, but I won't partake in schemes involving other access requirements.

lmao why the negative comments, if you can't continue reading in sites, just go lol.

I definitely still gonna read this!♡

I have indeed been buying the chapters. Technically I have been buying every chapter twice since I have 2 tappy accounts.
Anywho, thanks for not dropping. I didn't really want to wait months for tappy to catch up.

But I do hope you won't have a password system. Or at least keep the passwords simple, I am not a native english speaker so I make misspellings a lot. Password text boxes don't have spellcheckers.

Lmao all the people complaining about discord... Well, their loss. Will be looking forward to the updates in your website just like JOAVW!!! This series is getting soo good ❤️

Edit: it's not a password system anymore though, you just need to connect your discord with their website. It's not that hard. This is all free scans anyway. Beggar can't be choosers?

Welp, I'm off to join another discord I will never read or care about just to read chapters of one webtoon that will likely be dropped in a couple of months when the chapters are inevitably stolen by anti-discorders. Or the discord will split after petty infighting and I have to join two discords to read alternating chapters.

I'm probably older than most readers here and not fond of social media but I joined discord a while back. I ignore the discussions part and just get pinged when there's a new chapter out. They just did an update to their discord so there's no password to access chapters through their discord.

Anyway, thank you guys for your hard work!!

Thank you for not dropping.
If this happens in my country, the project will be drop and clear immediately no matter what.
Bcs they are scare 😁

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, that's a nope for me. I understand your view on this so it's not like I'm blaming you or anything, I also think that aggregators are a cancer so I get your point. But I already tried the "joining a discord server just to follow 1 specific manhwa" experience, because it was removed from MD (the Abandoned Empress), and I ended up dropping it in the end because of how annoying it was. So yeah, better just drop it right now instead.

Having to join yet another discord server knowing that I'll never ever post on it and will eventually receive random pings (for random announcements or "giveaways" and "events" like some TL groups like to do) is already too much for me. The reason why I like MangaDex in the first place is because everything is at the same place instead of having each of my mangas/manhwas scattered all across different platforms. I really can't be bothered to go through the trouble of joining a discord, just to check a website, just to follow one manhwa.

Thanks for the translation until now, but I'll just pray that another group pick up the translation on MD.

hmm... i wonder if you can't do the same deal as Mangaplus with how each chapter is simply a link to their site.
i say this because this might be the simplest method to bridge the gap between the 2 groups in the comments. On one hand, some people don't seem to care about the extra effort of checking discord along with MD for each new chapter, but another group sees it as unnecessary work. Although I have a Discord account (and have joined the server), I still would much rather see the update in MD along with all my other series. And with the whole Mangaplus set up, there would not be images hosted directly on MD, and simply a link to your site which from what I can tell can remember users through cookies.

Of course, this is assuming you guys can even do the whole Mangaplus thing and that the whole set up is easily available for all uploaders and not just MD admins and mods.

@ItsHanabi
I think continuing to defend it with "it's all free though, so guys just sell your soul and maybe donate an arm and a leg since it will all be free anyways" is a somewhat weak reason. Personally I would much rather read series through the sites the scanlators want to publish to, but when so many of the series I liked required me to go searching through multiple sites not named MangaDex after that whole mass group exodus, I simply resorted to the next easiest aggregator to pick up those loose series rather than bookmark the damn things and create hassle. I think most people agree that they do not appreciate anything that seems to be needlessly wasting their time, even if there might be a perfectly justifiable reason as to why

@kekitus I understand you point. I don't use discord often. so I just mute everything. and check their server once a week, if a new chapter dropped.
I joined their server to read Justice of the Villiness woman. now this will be the second one.

My only wish is that one day all other manga manhwa release websites that uses ads and bots that leachs off other fan translations gets shut down like kissanime.

For now, thank you guys for the chapter :D, i will be joining the discord of course, i understand why such move was made.

Screw sites such as mangago and mangakarot/manganelo

I think licensed series should be dropped, TBH. It's hypocritical to say "support the work when it's available" and then undermine the author by continuing to scanlate it. It's one thing if the series was already 70, 80+ chapters ahead of the official version, but the gap here is short.

Will I still read it if I get it? Of course. Do I still read licensed series when I can get them for free? Sure. I'm a hypocrite too, after all. So let's not kid ourselves like we're doing anything honorable here.

Thank you for not completely dropping it! I live in a country in which it is impossible for me to read the legal translations no matter how much I want to, and this is for once a story that is actually good with an interesting protagonist so I am really grateful!

Double-page supporter
Thank you so much your work! And grats to the author for having the series licensed!

Thanks for the important points @Lyrafiel ! and welcome back!!!

Users who are viewing this thread