The Villainess' Maker - Ch. 18

Fed-Kun's army
@Rosenstaub
Ppl with money wore corsets that fitted their body perfectly, they were made as elastic as possible, not like cheap corsets in our modern times.
It's the opposite, rich and young women would wear corsets made of metal or whalebone tightened to the point that it would have some serious effects on the human body.

Efectes_del_corsé_en_el_cos_femení_%2826790003605%29.jpg

lel well made corsets do not work like that, that was a wide spread rumour campaign from ppl that were against womans voting rights. They wantrd to destroy the fashion industry that was full of woman, bcs that was the only industry where they could get big money and live freely thru that.
I'm going to need a citation for that ridiculous claim.

Double-page supporter
BI MC, BI MC. GIVE ME BI MC. But also, this series got me *swooning*.

Thanks for the chapters!

Uuuuugh, another anti-corset propaganda..... doubt author even seen one irl.... smh.

@Raven23 Honestly totally believed the corset was bad for you until I read your comment right now and googled for more info. Definitely didn't realize a lot of it was a myth! I wonder why we all started believing that...?

anti corsetry? come on... corsets in daily life were meant to correct posture, and unless you were a rich lady trying to be on the front of the fashion trends, people would usually wear corsets that were strung up to a tension that was comfortable and snug for the wearer. or they would wear stays if corsets were too uncomfortable for the individual.

Edit: There are cases where overly tightened corsets have caused physical problems, but those are usually among the richer, more fashion savvy young ladies who sought after a tinier waist. Those are the problematic ones. But otherwise, corsets in daily wear were relatively comfortable.

If you would like to know more about corsets, Bernadette Banner has a very informative video on youtube regarding corsetry and debunks "corsets are terrible" myths.

I love a villainess that all the girls crush on. Yesss get em baby (๑♡⌓♡๑)

@bockerino I love Bernadette Banner too, 10,000x agree with what you're saying, but also...these characters are all rich, fashion savvy nobles and socialites. So, lets give em the benefit of the doubt and say she was transported into a place that was in the middle of a tight lacing frenzy lol

Love this chapter but unless we are in a thight lacing area corsets dont really do much damage. I love me a good corset

rwf

#bockerino Dont worry, while she is anti-corset, still find high heels fine and healthy to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread