The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

The blue eyed is the crown prince of that country and the one aria will ended up with. His name is Asher iforgottyelastname

The yellow eyed is Oscar the guy Mille (bitch) is in-love with and he will ended up getting feeling for aria.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

In my eyes Aria seems still foolish, with her focus on Oscar. I mean, it is good when she makes a great impression on him, but going as far as actively trying to compete with Mielle in seducing him, seems stupid.
It would be more satisfying if she just got her own powerful man as an ally and openly shows Mielle she doesn't give a damn about her so called fiance.

Many thanks for the scanlation!

Apparently, Mielle's bro, Cain is also attracted to Aria. In the novel, in this scene, Cain was blushing quite a lot than shown and became a bit distracted, so he quickly looked away, thinking that it's disgraceful of him to stare like that at his 'half-sister.'

Aggregator gang
@destinyfvcker

Oscar is just a Prince while the other dude is the Crown Prince, meaning he takes priority in terms of who the successor to the crown is

My expectations seem to have been misplaced - MC is truly going for the offensive "revenge" instead of defensive "survival".

At this point, I wonder if I missed anything, but I am wondering whether something set the "original" Mielle off (the "current" Mielle being, as indicated by MC, "a child yet to become mature and wise"), possibly even the behavior of the "original" MC (what irony that would be). I find it difficult to cheer for the current MC as she is doing the exact same thing the original Mielle was: bullying the other girl every single chance she gets. She is motivated, for sure, but her actions lack "justification" at this point, more of "an eye for an eye" (forgetting it "makes the whole world blind"), since current Mielle has yet to do something to warrant such hostility. Basically, the girls' roles have been reversed, which I find boring as it feels like the same story happening twice except the "product labels" have been swapped for the second run.

Basically, I sympathize with the current Mielle far more, although not as much as the original MC...yet.

All of this does resemble an hourglass, I suppose: its two halves fulfill the same role over and over in turns; regardless of how many times you flip it over, nothing about the process changes, it merely repeats itself without the slightest deviation.

Users who are viewing this thread