The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Damn his sister is ambitious. Also... Um... If Isis finds out about aria and the prince... *sweats* Isis is already thinking about killing aria off for 'seducing' Oscar. Wow
Many thanks

Ugh I already hate Oscar’s sister. And seeing Millie so happy makes me nauseous. And poor Oscar! How dare she slap him! I can’t wait to see her face when Aria marries the prince and becomes queen. Take that!

Thank you for translating this chapter!

I read the novel and so glad Isis is the way she is.

Poor Oscar though, seems like nobody ever wants to listen to him :(

so we be getting Asher away from that btch YESSSSS
Oscar is such an easy target smh

Not sure speculation or spoilers but dont scroll down just in case for people reading comments

I've been feeling bad for Oscar, he is such a big softie, that everyone was manipulating him, but his sister is just a tyrant. An entitled tyrant.
Too bad Oscar is not just kind, but a pushover, it seems. I was thinking maybe this will nudge him to stand his ground and maybe the forceful way of his sister will make him oppose so much so that he'd not get engaged to Mielle but... after this letter, I'm not so sure. Poor kid, caught in the power struggle.
On the other hand, can't wait until the misunderstanding cleared up about Aria's identity (for the Crown Prince's & his aide, I mean) and the Crown Prince (what the heck is his name, btw???) likes Aria so anyway, can't wait until Oscar's entitled sister falls flat on her face. MWHAHAHAHAHA

And looking at Mielle's thoughts, it's a bit shocking that she's thinking this way, this early. Meaning, from the start, she was such a two-faced brat.

I would've like to see Mielle's mother's face, I bet she was beautiful, but as she's a minor character, I guess she didn't deserve a name or a face in this story. I wonder about her personality. I hope it was nice not like her daughter's. She looked nice from those few panels.

@herShie_4ever ooooh, you're right! What irony ahahaha

She dared to slap Sir oscar...what kind of sister is she, he didn't deserve that. And haha mielle. The more they dont allow him to be with our queen, the more he'll want to be with her. Jokes on you, bitch. I ship sir oscar all the way, forget the prince. I'm tired of mcs always ending up with princes. Sir oscar ftw.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man there's nothing as scary as high society women
It's like they've decided to be as vile as possible to anything they want

Dex-chan lover
A BRAWL IS SURELY BREWING. Poor, poor Oscar. It doesn't have to be any of these three nasty sisters. I hope he finds a nice lady who'll be a good companion for him in life at some point.

For real though, this Isis lady seems diametrically opposed to Aria. She wants everything to go exactly as it did in the original timeline, and it was probably in no small part her machinations that did-the timeline that lead to an unjust execution.
And on the other hand, by her plans both intentional and unintentional, Aria's existence is causing Isis plans to unite noble family powers and even her potential marriage to the prince to fall apart.

Hmm. So that maid is basically a surrogate mother to Mielle, huh? She lost a baby and a baby lost her mother. I guess we can't question her loyalty if nothing else.

Double-page supporter
Gosh. From the earlier chapters, I thought Mielle's feelings towards Oscar were genuine, but it seems that they're a bit more twisted. She doesn't even pause at the amount of power Isis has over Oscar's life, and doesn't seem to care whether he likes her back or not.

Either way, reading the webtoon adaptation certainly makes me sympathize with Oscar more! It might be because the translation of the novel is a bit awkward, but Oscar wasn't so reactive and resistant to his sister when I read the novel.

Dex-chan lover
Oscar is such a breath of fresh air in this manhwa filled with sly characters. I do think he should behave more smarter to fit in his family background but its ok, we need fresh character like him. Cant wait to see his characteristic grow~

Dex-chan lover
@Psychronia
A BRAWL IS SURELY BREWING.
By god it is, I just feel sorry for poor Oscar - my kind boy is stuck between Mielle and (being used by) Aria with his sister now laying into him... Poor guy literally cannot catch a break.
... Aria's existence is causing Isis plans to unite noble family powers and even her potential marriage to the prince to fall apart.
ISIS must be destroyed... Wait... wrong reality?

Hmm. So that maid is basically a surrogate mother to Mielle, huh? She lost a baby and a baby lost her mother. I guess we can't question her loyalty if nothing else.
Again, like my feelings for Oscar, I feel sorry for these characters getting caught up in the mess of Mielle and ISIS, alongside Aria's schemes... Literally just collateral damage to the stupid feud.

Initially we learnt that Aria was a bit of a villain in her first life, and was given retribution.
However I feel that now we're learning that regardless of Aria's actions, Mielle and ISIS hate Aria from the get-go and have it out for her... So now I feel more at ease about Aria's schemes. Although I still dislike how she's dragging Oscar into it (And also Poor Sarah being used - although it's a mutually beneficial relationship so far so I'm more ambivalent about it)

Stupid Oscar.. Slap your sister back.. Easy.. Don't be pussy.. You're a MAN.. 👿

Users who are viewing this thread