The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 41

She's so real and cunning, I can't help but root for her. You'd think she's mean and malicious, but it has already been established in the title and the start of the story that she's a villainess. She's not gonna spend this second life to be a goody-two-shoes and repent for her past lives mistakes. No. She's out for revenge and I'm here for it

She’s evil but not really
Hahahahhahahaahahhahahaha!
This what makes this story interesting

Everyone else is calculating too... she's only just playing their game in this life

@Xevin
Okay, I love our girl Tia. She's amazing. But I guess some people ( including me) think Aria's the best villainess out there because through and through she's an anti heroine. And we are reminded of that in every. freaking. chapter.

In other 'villainess' stories, the villainess acts and thinks like a mary sue female protagonist. Even Tia, though she's super cunning and is also taking advantage of other people, seems to have her moral compass more straightened out than Aria's. So what I'm trying to say is that Aria is the most authentic villainess-protagonist I've ever rooted for so I'm more invested in her growth.

@Xevin
And you're telling me that because?
Anyway, I disagree. She definitely acts like a villainess. Although not overtly, other characters don't see her as one. Yet. But that's because she's
a smart villainess and it's all part of her plan. As readers, we know that some of her actions are borne from malice, that they are calculated to put Mielle to shame and to take everything away from her. Seducing the fiancee, for example, is a classic villainess act.

@marchessa

I just saying that she is all talk but never acting like a true villainess. She is very passive for someone who called "villainess".

Technically, Aria do not act like a villainess on the outside, she hide most of her act and only show her true face to people she consider safe to see, like Annie. On the inside, this girl has so many issue: human mistrust, emotion unstable, even her opinion of virtue is kinda questionable. Her mind is very impressive, but her manipulating people tend to be directly, like she need Annie to do something, then that action will bring her enemy to make wrong move, and she will use it to hit them.

Tia on the other hand, act like a villainess more openly, as many who work with her know she is doing bad thing (Lawrence betray her also kinda because she do not hide those act from him so he know he cant control her). Tia on the inside work with many value that not quite villainess: loyalty to her "lord", empathy for "normal people", consideration for other people "situation". Her manipulation has quite a bigger range and tend to build up into a bigger "construction", let this person dislike that, then leave that weakness until she need to one-hit kill.

Aria is a real villainess. She acts kind and her actions eventually benefit many people, but that's just a byproduct of her steps towards revenge and not her intentions. She uplifts people only to make them more useful for her. She wants to be seen as a good person only to ensure that everyone will take her side when she eventually destroys Mielle.

Double-page supporter
@Xevin
The story is about a 14 years old girl, with no power at all, no friends and allies, most of her family are her enemies, and has a horrible (but deserved) reputation that makes almost everyone in the world look down on her. Since the very start, the story has been about her building up her power, gaining allies, and fixing that reputation. Now, Aria is using the weapons she sharpened to build up an economic power base, which would make it possible for her to become a player in the Game of Thrones. All these are supposed to be used in the future.

Compare that to for instance Tia (who is commonly brought up here). While she has some obstacles, she already has weapons to strike at others, she has a powerful ally who has an entire army and much of population answering his every call (and who gives his full trust to Tia), good enough reputation, is old enough to make decisions without her mother's approval (and be taken seriously by everyone), has good connections that she has built over the years as a proper noble daughter, etc. The likes of Tia can immediately start killing people.

In other words, she isn't passive. Quite the opposite, a chapter doesn't pass without her doing something to make herself stronger. Aria never ever rests.
She simply doesn't yet have any real means to act against the big player because the writer decided that they don't want a Power Fantasy with a villainess who immediately kicks everyone's ass, but a slow story about a villainess who starts with no power yet has to become the most powerful woman in the Empire.

Thanks for the translation!
I'm so glad to see Aria gaining more influence, hoping things go well for her in the future ;w;

@Nayrael

She is passive because she actually letting Mielle scheming on her for so many times. She is just busy playing defend games. She almost never takes the 1st shot. The time that she actually takes initiative, Mielle is already at the bottom and can hardly retaliate or do anything. If anything, she is actually more focusing on building her careers and future than actually planning for revenge. She is more like a workaholic than a villainess at that point.

TRULY, Ara is my most favorite villainess!! I still support even though she's like that, i find it part of her charm, and she's sooo BEAUTIFUL!! >//_ //<

Lol, I remember reading this part...the manhwa made it more sinister. Aria will do well in the future.

There are misunderstanding since the manhwa do not explain the full situation, just the same as before when people thinking Aria gonna grow real old because of her power. Here Annie drunk on the "prince charming" appearance of Burboom , and Aria has to smack her awaken, as "relationship base on appearance do not last long".
Aria try to guide Annie to see Burboom differently, and because Annie are the same type of person as Aria that she really adapt Aria advice. This case is more a villainess teaching her follower how to think as villainess, not some pure girl got her love dream broken.
Annie are no Jessie after all, she want real benefit, not true love.

Users who are viewing this thread