The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

Poor Aria. Damn you Oscar for making her sad.

Glad she got herself in check and immediately used the brooch to upset Millie. And it worked! She went on a rage fest!

Thank you for translating this new chapter!

@viperina spot on!!
Regarding the flowers, the book explains that they are gifted based on house insignia. Roses are Oscar and Isis' house crest, Lillies belong to Aria and Mielle, and the Tulip are a flower of the royal family.

I can't help but feel sorry for Oscar, poor dude doesn't have it in him to step up to his sister. He's bound to be sad for the rest of his life.
Hopefully Asher come in once and for all to make Aria happy.
Thanks for the update!!

Dex-chan lover
@viperina It's a shame you can't find comments easily on this website, because I would really like to read other stuff you've written about ^^.

It's very eloquently put, well done !

@viperina

Your analysis is so on point. Mielle looked like a five year old little girl going to her bday party. I half expected her to wear a little plastic tiara on her head.

If Mielle were to suddenly gain a sense of fashion and dress elegant, tasteful, and subdued, Aria would be in trouble. Aria dresses elegantly and gorgeously in a way that makes me want to wife her, but her clothes are made to fit her gorgeous beauty. The differences in background would be overtly emphasized next to a Mielle with a more noble and refined taste and would make Aria look excessive and flashy even as she is now (example: her gorgeous dress this chapter). Then the narrative would change and become: look at this vulgar stepdaughter who dresses that way when the real noble doesn't even do that, she doesn't know her place, Mielle is so classy and pure, etc.

I wonder what would happen if Mielle were to one day wake up competent and realize that? What could Aria do against it? Letting her slowly growing business empire later erase the "sin" of her background would be too slow and opinions would already be too entrenched by then. There's already rumors and her own background working against her.

If mielle could shut up for a minute then aria wouldn't show her up as often. Like damn girl CHILL the fuck out?? The mom was trying to make small talk and be civil but mielle had to keep shutting her down? Can't wait for mielle to fall from grace ever so mercilessly

Bro Mielle if you stopped trying to screw Aria over, maybe she wouldn’t have a reason to one up you in order to try to survive ouo. Like I’m pretty sure a street urchin would usually be fine living a better life and not overthrow you if you left them alone- I understand her being mad that her father took in someone else after her mother, but girllllll the heck you doing.

Fed-Kun's army
@_twxx99 imo the novel makes a better case for oscar being a potential romantic target (and definitely leans into Aria having some feelings for him, and oscar definitely being in love with her) but with asher she's not a sad lonely girl who needs protection, she's a smart and cunning girl who can do so much more when her path is opened up. oscar could never do that for her (he doesn't even have a say in who he gets to marry lol at best they'd have to elope, which isn't what aria wants at all)

Aw, this chapter showed off a lot of the feelings Aria has been hiding/denying for so long. She misses Sarah and doesn't feel the need of having a big party if she's not there, she genuinely likes Oscar and was upset that he wouldn't stand up for her. It's nice to see this side of her. Plus, she looked gorgeous in every panel this chapter, the art is amazing.

I do feel a bit bad for Oscar, he's spineless but even irl nobels didn't marry for love, especially those of high standings. He would be risking literally everything (family, reputation, wealth, etc) to be with Aria, so I understand why he stayed with Mielle. Still, sending her the brooch is essentially him leading her on, which isn't forgivable.

Yass queen break that thing. Burn the whole place to the ground with everyone inside👌👌🔥🔥👏👏

It's incredible, amidst all the trickery you can watch Aria's heart slowly swell and grow outside her own notice.

Ahhhh I want Aria to realise that she's not a devil, she's maybe one in the past and she's clearly knew that's all just because Mielle schemes. She maybe approach Sarah and any other people with an intention to survive but she's treat them well and that's why they falling for her. I hope she can accept love that people give toward her and realise that she deserves to be loved

I don't care about Oscar anymore, just continue your life without bothering Aria if you wouldn't even take care of her. She's already have the crown prince (I hope she'll find out soon). So Oscar you better stop make things confusing and complicate for Aria

I hope Oscar wouldn't end up getting married with Mielle ( I ship Aria with Asher ofc ), he's just to nice and have a weak heart. He actually deserves better than Mielle, maybe he can married to the crown princess because they wouldn't have any relationship since Aria is the one who gonna married the crown prince and not his sister. People said that he's falling in love with Aria but I'm not really sure about that yet, maybe it's just because he's have a weak heart so he's feeling sympathies toward Aria ( maybe also because Aria is the only person who showed her weak side to him, since he's always the one on the weak side ) because it's gonna be really hurt if he's truly falling in love with her.

Dex-chan lover
Running at that time was a good move, even if not planned, but what she did at the end was not a good move, it was antagonizing Mielle just for antagonizing her instead of to gain something.

To illustrate the point brought up by @viperina
(not an actual spoiler, just a largish image.)
5RVoHH1.png
Ys27rH3.png
"Oscar's was chosen by Aria to be big and fancy and not really "him" meaning that if he wore it, it was because he was thinking of or considering her; then Isis tries to get a matching one for Mielle to make it seem like a couple's set, but Mielle's, while similar in size and gem color, has a different shape and design. So together they "match" but it doesn't seem like they are a pair, mostly because Isis just tried to find one as similar as quickly as possible, rather them make one to really mimic it. Contrast this to the 0ne Oscar gave Aria and... Well the gem color is different but everything else appears to be the same. Size, cut and the style of the setting... Almost as if Oscar went to a jewelers (maybe found out that same one) and had them make one similar, but minutely different, for Aria. This ends up making Oscar and Aria's broaches look like a real pair because one was designed to match the other, while Mielle's at best looks like an afterthought. If Aria ever wore her's while Oscar and Mielle wore their's in a public setting..." Excerpt from Viperina's comment

Isis could only make a similar copy from memory and describe it to a jeweler if she wanted to make one, he could physically bring his own brooch in and ask them to make an almost identical replica.

Users who are viewing this thread