The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 1 Ch. 43

Honestly I'm just past the point about caring about Oscar, he's a spineless wet blanket, who doesn't have any impact to her schemes. I can't wait for her to actually get with asher and snob everybody

Lol and she still has no idea that the crown prince is trying to woo her. She will definitely have more power than Miele if she ends up with crown prince

Double-page supporter
@firechick28 Press Ctrl+F5. That will clear your browser's cache, and properly reload the page (right now, your browser just reloads the page as it remembers it)

Dex-chan lover
you can easily see how miele was able to manipulate aria the first time around, the way her emotions go wild when shes feeling down but aria is in a much better position than she was originally

Aria should wear it all the time and show it off in front of Mielle !
Thanks for the update !

Fed-Kun's army
Can we take a moment to appreciate how pretty the art is ?

Aria is just beautiful!

i love how aria stops herself from getting angry and actually uses her past knowledge and experiences to her advantage. so many isekais have mcs that act immature despite them being reincarnated, so it's refreshing to see her actually grow as a person.

poor oscar. it's not like i want him to get together with aria (aria just wants to use him and he just feels pity for her), but he looks so unhappy getting engaged to mielle.

should he be working harder to break free from his family? yeah, sure, but with how he GREW UP with his sister i'm not surprised by how he's already given up

Damn she just giving shade to the mum? I thought the mum would be smart having snagged a rich man but she....isn't? She's kinda airheaded and doesn't even look out for her daughter....

Aria is goals tho, love it when she steels herself. Oscar is whipped lol and she cannot rely on him for plan A

@Asbolus
The mother has different priorities. She just wants her daughter to marry well just as she has in order rise in status and wealth. Nothing else matters in her opinion.

Contributor
Aria is a miracle of the universe, and the art makes her even more special.

@Thomaster
@Asbolus
Eh, I think you can be self-serving while also wishing the best for your child. No problem having the two mix. Even if she appears airheaded, remember that she managed to stay as the wife of a duke even with her past.

Dex-chan lover
@Asbolus
She mary a rich man but she isn't respect. If she sermon Mielle or his brother, they can just ask "daddy".
He like her body but he's not in love, he will priorities is family, that why the mother can't be harsh on them and need to please her husband. He can replace her eventually.

Ngl i prefer Oscar, I dont want her to end up with the crown prince. no offense but the crown prince is nothing compared to oscar.

@mitsuki48 the one Oscar is always wearing (the blue one) is the one Aria gave to him. Iris sent a similar one (also blue but different design) to Mielle while saying it was from Oscar to kinda erase its connection to Aria i.e. now it's not a gift from a prostitute's daughter, it's a matching accessory that shows how much Oscar loves Mielle.
The red brooch was really sent by Oscar, that's why Mielle get so angry about it: it's the same design as the one Aria gave to Oscar which means they also match, and even tho they're different colors, the red roses are a symbol of his house, so it still shows a pretty hard connection to Oscar. he's basically saying "i cant go against this engagement even tho it's not what i want, but please know that i love you", and it stings even more bc Mielle knows the one she got (the blue one) was actually sent by Isis

Ok, so this was an amazing chapter and really showcases how different this timeline is going compared to the original one. I'm glad Aria came to her senses and used Oscar's gift to her advantage against Mielle because it is very damning towards their relationship. Basically just look at the design of the 3 broaches. Oscar's was chosen by Aria to be big and fancy and not really "him" meaning that if he wore it, it was because he was thinking of or considering her; then Isis tries to get a matching one for Mielle to make it seem like a couple's set, but Mielle's, while similar in size and gem color, has a different shape and design. So together they "match" but it doesn't seem like they are a pair, mostly because Isis just tried to find one as similar as quickly as possible, rather them make one to really mimic it. Contrast this to the 0ne Oscar gave Aria and... Well the gem color is different but everything else appears to be the same. Size, cut and the style of the setting... Almost as if Oscar went to a jewelers (maybe found out that same one) and had them make one similar, but minutely different, for Aria. This ends up making Oscar and Aria's broaches look like a real pair because one was designed to match the other, while Mielle's at best looks like an afterthought. If Aria ever wore her's while Oscar and Mielle wore their's in a public setting...

Also, this chapter really shows that Mielle is absolutely nothing special. It's become really clear that she is still trying to ape Aria in order to outshine her, not realizing that's not the tactic she should be going for at all. Mielle really wants to be seen to be as much of a mature beauty as Aria is, not understanding that isn't her schtick. If Mielle were smart she's be playing up the angle that she's a delicate flower to Aria's prickly rose bush... Namely using a virgin vs vixen dynamic, which is what definitely happened originally. With Aria being so much more aware of people this time around, it's clear that Mielle is going to have to step up her game. She won't, since even Isis isn't aware of what Aria is up to.

Honestly the use of flowers in this series is super interesting to me. Lilies and roses makes sense since both are typically flowers associated with love (purity for lilies and passion for roses) but tulips... While also associated with love (perfect love as it were) always felt much more unassuming to me, since its not usually a bouquet you can go out and buy as commonly. It seems appropriate that Asher would Aria them.

The ending though😂😂😂
Mielle might going to marry Oscar but his heart belongs to Aria. She won't have happy marriage life 😂

Now I need to knoww how Aria and Asher going to fall in love. This is getting more interesting

Users who are viewing this thread