The Villainess Turns the Hourglass - Vol. 2 Ch. 54

@Gicavana
There is one little set back with the revenge.

After Emma dies and Mielle becomes a bit more unhinged she pushed their dad down the stairs and frame Aria. The problem is that 1, Aria is too shocked by this because is not something she expected of Mielle, 2, Asher gave her something magical that informs him if Aria's in danger, 3, the trinket activated and Asher teleported and took Aria away before she could use the Hourglass. With Aria missing people think she really did try to kill the count. Aria and Asher had to create a very complex alibi of them traveling around to undo the public opinion.

Of course she is successful in her revenge. It simply escalated from making the Count family suffer to getting the help of another country King to stage a war to purge Isis faction. But this was mostly Asher's while Aria does her magic when all her investments in the lower nobles pays off.

Dex-chan lover
There was quite a lot of nuance missing in the ohter translation, I'm happy we have Tooches translating this series ^^

Double-page supporter
Best quote of the week:
"need rd"

Jk, keep up the absolute work, guys. You're awesome.

I feel a bit conflicted about Veri's fate. You see, this is one of them interesting hypothetical situations where someone is punished for something they haven't done yet. Would you punish someone for their probable intention?

"Heck yes, I would. Veri is a vile woman who betrayed Aria's trust and murdered her mom." Yea, because we and Aria have the privilege to see the events from the alternate timeline, the one where Veri is exactly that. But can we say the same for the current timeline? She could very well be mislead by people in her environment, indoctrinating her and leading her to believe that Aria, a concubine's daughter, is a lesser human being, so that it'd be fine to wrong her.

However, with how the situation unfold in the current timeline, would there be a possibility where she gets a change of heart? Human changes, alright. We establish our views by experiencing, witnessing, and listening to our surroundings. Who knows? With everything she'd gone through, Veri must have learned something. But, well...

oof. yep, Aria is indeed a villainess. but we love her all the same.
damn tho, mielle can't even try to defend her maternal figure? well, anything to save her own hide i guess.
ASHERRRRRR YAS SAVE ARIA FROM THAT CREEPY BROTHER.

thank you for the upload! I will always wait for your quality translations😍

I don't know how to add images, but can someone add the image of the Kardashian mom holding a camera saying "you're doing amazing sweetie"

And then someone else with Kim Kardashian's "It's what she deserves" Meme

Wow. This is a well done chapter, thank you so much for the upload!!!

i sometimes wonder what the mother thinks, she's not shown too much in a webtoon like this

Dex-chan lover
@InsanityApollo Were this a Japanese title, it's more likely Veri would've been let go.

Korean and Chinese titles, not so much. There's room for merciless backstabbing to happen.

I feel like her mother is starting to feel weary around her daughter. She is already somewhat suspicious of her (from the cloth burning incident, which she clearly knew was intentional). But from the facial expressions this chapter, I think the mother is finally starting to understand just how scheming her daughter has become. Just how dark her plans are, and how contrived her methods. That a good deal of the current situation was fabricated...

The question is, does she feel safe enough to back her daughter... or will she cave out of fear that her daughter's schemas will threaten the position she worked so hard to obtain.
Does she feel safe.... backing a daughter who would fake her own poisoning to eradicate someone. Or, does she feel safe around a daughter who could come up with and enact such a thorough and dark scheme moments after her adversaries attempted to poison her?
Does she feel safer backing her daughter, or the daughter of the man who granted her such power. If she knew of her daughters relationships, money, and influence it wouldn't be a question.
But since she doesn't.... we can only hope that her leaving her daughter there to aid Millie was not meant to foreshadow anything

Hm... Why can I see the brother growing jealous of Asher and trying to pull some ludicrous stunt that will most likely jeopardize his status?

Well I can say this for future updates
with Emma's death, Mielle has gotten way worse and careless with their schemes and not only she's the cause of her and the aristocrats downfall but she died the same way that Emma and or Aria's past death

Users who are viewing this thread