The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

Guys about the side effects of the hourglass
I'm almost done reading the novel and besides the drowsiness, there doesn't seem to be other effects? She doesn't seem to be dying faster or anything

@Yannn
I just thought she would get older faster. Like the 1 or 2 chaps before she suddenly had a growth spurt. She looks older than shes supposed to be.

@SocialButterfly and @Yannn
As with all time travel that involves short spurts of time, her time is moving the same, unchanged, while time around her is constantly being dropped back five minutes. So in essence she is aging 5 minuteseach time she uses it. Think of it like the Hyperbolic time Chamber on a smaller scale. Gohan went in with his Dad for a year, but comes out tomorrow, having aged 1 year in total

should "pinonua red wine" be translated as pinot noir? just a recommendation :) thanks for your efforts translation team always look forward to the releases!

I think that Aria really doesn't really have the right to constantly question his identity. She of all people should know that everyone keeps secrets

Why the "bad" effect of the hourglass is mathematically negligible:
She can use the hourglass once per day to turn back 5 minutes.
It seems that she ages during these 5 minutes extra time.
She only loses:
5 minutes * 365 = 1.267 days
So she loses only 1.267 days per year if she uses the hourglass every day for one whole year.
Even after 80 years of constant use she would have only aged 101.39 days more than if she lived her whole life without it. (not even 4 months)

One could also assume that the hourglass doesn't consume "life force" from a fixed supply that determines her total lifespan but rather just consumes energy she can easily refill by resting & eating. (just imagine that her body makes a 200m sprint every time she uses the hourglass)
So her lifetime depends far more on how healthy she lives and if she gets sick, has accidents or has an unhealthy lifestyle than the hourglass.

Using it her whole life does less harm than drinking alcohol & smoking does.

@Reyori
Side effect was introduced to fix other issues, like if she physically doing what she is doing(what is actually true), then she could consume food/drink(she actually done it) without consuming it or training without sweating etc.
Personally i think it's an opener for exhaustion/poisoning, that author keep for plot.

Dex-chan lover
TBH, I find the fact that the prince doesn't know she's Aria and not Mielle kinda forced given his character settings..

I can accept Aria not that bright to connect the dots, but the prince? with his connection and resource? doubtful.

@SocialButterfly and @Darkst33l
The hourglass drained her energy but the author never really mentions any other effects of the hourglass. It could definitely be the cause of her growth spurt, but the author never connected the two. The novel never stated she was aging faster than normal either. But then again, I'm not done reading so things might change later on.

@yannn
chapter 32
"I knew using the hourglass would make me sleep more, but it feels like I'm growing every time I use it. Since I am manipulating time,it could be that Im exchanging a bit of my lifespan when I use the hourglass."

@vampkittyvv
I’m not stating the hourglass has no side effects but she doesn’t die early or something. I’m sorry if it seemed like I was dismissing the side effects but I was just trying to reassure the people worrying about her use of the hourglass.

@yannn
I was responding to this part of your comment "It could definitely be the cause of her growth spurt, but the author never connected the two. The novel never stated she was aging faster than normal either". They did.
But you're right they never mention she's going to die early or anything.
In the novel she seems fine but I got bored of reading the novel.

Users who are viewing this thread