The Villainess Turns the Hourglass

@BetterLeftUnknown I really thought that it was gonna be a male lead who got duped by the Villainess at the end, and now he has to start over again but this time he's on the Villianess' side. Like, she wasn't the evil person he thought she was.

@Intruvious oh sorry to hear that. but damn... what you said is a really good storyline tho if it were true HAHAHAHA
like legit.

i'm actually imagining a villainess who is serious looking with a scary aura and but what they say or do are always misunderstood
idk why i'm imagining this tho lol

ANYWAY yea.. you should give this a read if you're still curious :> since she doesn't always get her way and has to think things through some of the hurdles. also she is a good person ... in a way (with the duchess person, i cant remember their name lol)

Pun

You know.. I'm usually not a big fan of villainess stories.. but this one is pretty good. I'd give it a 7/10

such great story, may as well rate it 10/10 it has every aspect a good story to getting power in a nobles perspective and it's not focused only on politics or just plain evil. quite cool.

Group Leader
Just noticed in the raws that c45 marks the end of the first season, hopefully, there won't be too much of a wait for the second 😀

@marialand
Yes. Aria and "Asher"/Prince Asterope do end up becoming an official couple down the road and were married at the epilogue of the original novel.

So you can rest easy on that part.

Supporter
I understand the time is tough and I fully support the artists keeping safe, but if I can be honest, I still feel pretty sad at the fact so many series are entering "Hiatus" or "End of 1st season".... :(. Hopefully the manhwa will get back soon, I've read the novel and honestly don't really like the writing/translation style.

@Yatsuki yeah same tbh, a lot of series I’m readin are going into their season 1 finales so it’s a bit sad to see some of my favorites be put on hold. At least it makes me get back to irl books I’ve left to collect dust lmao

Supporter
@Agirlhasnoname That's the publication status, not scanlation. Currently this manhwa stops at chapter 45 (Technically End of Season 1 but it doesn't have a return date = Hiatus)

@rottenteddybear Lol same, I have about 20 thick hard copy LNs that I haven't read yet. Time to get back to paper, it seems XD

If I'm remembering correctly we are a little over half way of the light novel if you don't include the bonus chapters released after the Epilogue.
Season One does leave off on a MAJOR turning point for the series though, and things will pick up a lot after this
especially since it is pretty soon after this that Aria learns Asher is the prince and she manages to out Mielle's main maid for attempting to poison her which is when the real fun starts and you start to feel a little bad for Mielle.

@jdexo1
This is a bit of an issue in the web comic that the original source material does a better job of showing, but I'll put some of the key differences in a spoiler tag since it does also spoil some later things for Mielle.
The Light Novel made it VERY clear that Aria was a horrible person in her previous life and went a bit deeper into how she treated people such as how she had her maid tortured and implied killed at one point and she even points out that almost every Rumor in their current timeline was actually true in their previous timeline.
A lot of it was her being manipulated but not just by Mielle as later on reveals that Mielle is being just as manipulated by another person to become the person she is (and revealing that Mielle was never as in control or intelligent as anyone believed. It'sactually tragic by the end).
The key to Aria's success isnt that she's suddenly a super genius and a major plot point later actually shows this. It is because she is using her memory of the previous timeline and abusing the Hourglass to get her desired outcome and sometimes even that failed her.
The romance does feel a bit tacked on, ngl, but I would argue against the sociopath label for the prince considering who he is up against and what they are plotting behind the scenes.

Dex-chan lover
This isnt a reformed villainess story, this is an awesome villainess vs an even bigger and bitchier villainess.

So you wont see any mercy for her enemies, nice.

Mc aint a bad character, but she aint no saint

Do we know how long this hiatus will be?! Ugh I already want to read more, this was so good. 😭😢😢😢😢😦😟😩

Of course aria doesn’t care what happens to this family, she has bare money in her name and she gives no plight about any of them except her mother who she can easily give control to one of her investments for both to earn their own cash.

Plus the aria and her mother have already been commoners before, so living in a common home wouldn’t have been a problem but they won’t need to because aria has a lot of money under her belt.

Users who are viewing this thread