The Villainous Daughter’s Butler - I Raised Her to Be Very Cute - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2 - A Butler's Decision

Dex-chan lover
I'm really missing most of the dialogue that got cut from the webnovel.

Gaaahh!!
Sebas' vibes!!
きゃははははきゃははきゃはきゅきゅきゅきゅきゅ三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )きゃははははきゃははきゃはきゅきゅきゅきゅきゅ三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )きゃははははきゃははきゃはきゅきゅきゅきゅきゅ三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )三('ω')三( ε: )三(.ω.)三( :3 )

Cyril and Sofia's relationship seems very different to the webnovel... In the webnovel Cyril seemed a lot more fond and loyal to Sofia in the novel while in the manga it feels like his biggest reason for being her butler is to avoid his own death flags.
Is it just me?

Dex-chan lover
Another one of those one sided if I win I get everything but if I lose you get nothing kind of bets

@a_cynic_ I think we just haven't seen the events take place yet to say he's not loyal to her. Maybe with a little more chapters we'll see him become like his WEBNOVEL version. All i'm sayin is that its too early to make judgements right now

Contributor
Thank you for the hard work!

Could you please, please, please stop inventing terms?! There's no such thing as a "personal butler!" A butler is a servant hired to oversee the other servants and handle valuables; a male servant acting as a personal attendant is a valet! Look the terms up if you're in doubt. (This issue is particularly grating in this series, so please take heed.)

For the nth time: Cyril is a valet!

Fed-Kun's army
@blackLuna Every time I read "personal butler" annoys me in an enormous amount, especially since I have just finished the novel Falling In Love With The Villainess where the mc's job is for a long time of the story the same as the mc here, a valet.

Actually, the two stories are slightly similar. I wonder why the author made this mistake even though there's an exemple right next door.

Contributor
@macarroiz Glad I'm not the only one!

In all honesty, I'm reasonably certain that, along with other languages of the Far East, Japanese simply doesn't have the terminology for identifying types servants in Western setting without adding some adjectives (which is exactly what we have to do in order to translate some of their terms, it's how translation works). As such, when the author evidently uses traditional Eastern organization and job divisions for servants, I can put up with it (and internally bemoan the author's carelessness). Thing is, while I'm not certain about Falling in Love With the Villainess (never read that one myself), this one clearly uses Western organization and job divisions for servants. In other words, the authors are differentiating properly; the translators are not — whomever is in charge of QC really aught to catch and correct that. Outside of Europe, a lot of people don't bother, resulting in "footman" being replaced with "butler," and awkward terms like "personal butler" (personal manager of all servants— really?) and "head maid" (yeah, that's called a "housekeeper"). There are some complexities, such as the fact that butlers and housekeepers are already for a fairly large household (it is otherwise the job of the lady of the house, whomever that may be), the presence of a "first maid" or "first footman" (assistants to the housekeeper and butler respectively) for larger estates, and the position of "head butler," which is exclusive to estates so massive that multiple managers are needed (in England, there are only a handful of estates which have ever used the term, if that gives an idea). Non-native speakers aside, anyone who enjoys European historical settings (or general Western, including America, such as something set in the Gilded Age) should not be carelessly propagating this kind of error, one caused by sheer laziness. After all, when in doubt or uninformed, Look. It. Up: the internet makes it really quick and easy. If the information can easily be found, as this one can, there really isn't an excuse. Sorry for the rant; as you can tell, it bothers me a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Spoil me about the Heroine. It seems I'm liking her more than the Villainess the more I think about her.

Double-page supporter
this guy is into a wild ride.
Both FL and Villainess have certainly fallen for him.

atleastTryPleaseWheeze.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread