The Viridescent Tiara - Ch. 1

@ayna17 Lmao. Same here. I'm expecting the story to suck too with a lot of plot holes and tragedy just for the drama.

Though, about her character being antagonistic, maybe she was bullying him and what traumatized him is that he killed her through that fall. Not really a villainess, but an antagonist side character.

First chapter and this already has red flags. Just because you point out that the novel was written by a 15 year old doesn't automatically make all the generic plots points ironically funny. The way the femal lead dies from the kid falling on her when he looks like he weighs about as much as a toothpick is literally laughable. What I hate most is that this chapter feels so ridiculously rushed, like we were just settling into rhythm with the ml going off to the academy and then boom the mom's dead and they timeskip literal years, like really, a time skip in the first chapter?

if this is really going down the lovers route, at least they made it believable, they are not only stepsibling, they also didn't spend much time as supposed siblings, so I would be okay with it, even if I really have no idea what exactly is so fascinating at incest that you see so often either a very unhealthy obsession about a blood related sibling or like here lovers who grew up as stepsiblings (sometimes they even grow up as real siblings and get their not-relation known to a later date)
is it so difficult to write normal sibling relationships? you generally like them, sometimes you could kill them, providing help, advice and comfort to each other, a real family...

please don't tell me this story is gonna take the incest route bc I'm liking the artstyle 🥲

This has potential, but a little confusing. If her family's death was inevitable, then why is she still alive when the novel killed her character off?

Also, everyone remember that they are NOT blood related. Did I mention they aren't blood related? Idk what the Japanese fascination with siblings is, this is slightly better because they spent so long apart but falling in love with your sibling is gross, disturbing, and unrealistic. It's very hard to love someone romantically when you spent so much of your childhood with them, as little kids are always nasty to eachother and it's hard to forget that time they smeared dogshit in your hair. Even a lot of irl childhood friends don't end up together.

Meh i dont like the incestuous vibes on this one, even if i dont mind on others like beware the brothers maybe its because how author framed it or just didnt give time to the relationship to grow and suddenly did a timeskip, wont drop it since its just a pet peeve of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread