The Viridescent Tiara

Is this gonna be about two idiots who loves each other but keeps on pining for one another because they think they don't deserve the other's love again? It's gonna take forever for them to hook up.

@khulmach I forget the details, but i think it was a servant girl? but the 2nd lead after being set up with the servant girl, and being rejected by female lead prioritized helping her instead of his master the female protag. It just made me feel super disgusted since because of the situation it felt reminiscent of when you reject a guy and he gets back at you with violence, even tho it was because of his negligence.

@Suudere I agree, I am a Child of this House started fun, but the fact she ends up with
the knight who was basically an adult when he met her as a child
is so disturbing and knowing the author's plans for the novel to include this much
sexual violence
really turned me off. The two combined makes me feel like this novel can only go downhill and end disturbingly.

@Ajuioke2 The protagonist ends up with
emel the knight who was almost an adult/an adult when he met her at age 12/13
. It's just beyond creepy considering he knew her as a child. There's other disturbing stuff, but that specifically was why I quit reading I am a Child of This House.

The fact that the author is the same for both these series makes me think this will also be hot gross garbage.

@Ajuioke2 @mariaterrae Apart from the ML in the other story there is hardly any character development of the FL, Estelle is really innocent and childish even after
she’s tortured and goes through bad stuff
and even later on when she’s in “love”. This story seems to have more potentional but the FL reminds me so much of Estelle, she’s naive and innocent when it comes to relationships which meh at least the ML in this story looks ok but I think the problem lies with the FL who is clueless and dumb
I mean she was drugged by her cousin even though it was clear that her uncle had his eyes on the dukedom and she got saved by ML and later on she’s clueless about ML caring for her which is meh

Hey guys does this remind u of Whitney Houston’s daughter marrying her adopted brother?

The rest of the chapters are in Spanish, but I really want to read them in English and not Spanish lol
I really hope they translate it soon.

@mariaterrae I figured that's how it went, so i dropped it. I hate when i read a story about the protag growing up form a child and then getting with someone who was an adult when they were a kid. It's excusing pedophilia because they're "in love".

@mariaterrae what?! For real?! Ah, I wanted to cry after reading your comments because I was getting excited about this story, loool (still, tysm for sharing it). Just a question, is Siya (the author from I am a Child of this House) the main author here and the author who wrote that? Because I'm seeing that there are three authors in this story so idk (idk if the novel was just written by one author either). Also, is Siya a woman or a man? Because in I am a Child of this House I was extremely annoyed when the author started to write about Estelle's growth from child to "woman" (or what the author thought it was a woman's growth).

- About I am a Child of this House:

Idk if u have read the chapters where
Estelle met a weird knight who got aroused by her
because "she's not a child anymore" and for several chapters, this dude is like "enchanted" by her (he's always portrayed as the "not that attractive", not that noble, not that worthy, not that talented, not that promising, not that whatever, than Emel), until that night where
he gets aroused and keeps getting weirdly close to her and everything starts getting uncomfortable (I even thought Estelle was going to be assaulted, I'm not joking, that was the vibe I felt from that chapter), until oh yeah, the fre*king perfect white knight gets into the scene to "save her", and then after the weird guy gets lost,
EMEL DOES EXACTLY THE SAME LIKE THE OTHER DUDE.

Like,
he saw Estelle and got aroused as well
(because he's a man of instincts or because "she's not a child anymore"), but since he's the perfect gentleman ofc he can control himself and he snapped out of his uncomfortable thoughts quickly, to then giving Estelle a "lesson", about how she's a woman now (because ofc she can't discover it by herself and her two lives means nothing, and ofc her man needs to acknowledge her as a woman because otherwise, she wouldn't be one) and she should take care of herself because men are not good (including him, but she somehow should be ok with him because he's special, lol).

Seriously, the way Siya wrote Estelle, gives me the idea that he/she thinks her female protagonist had to be exposed to sexual harassment and receive sexual attention in order to grow, or in order to become and be recognized as a woman, so the fact that you're writing about that other scene (
the gang r*pe
), makes me so mad. I'm starting to see a pattern and it's eh... also, it's not just that, her transformation from a child to a woman was forced, everything that happened to Estelle lately is with the sole purpose to be ready to become Emel's woman and ew.

In the story, there was no respect for Estelle's biological times, there was no respect for how a woman's mind might change. The
war
was supposed to force her to change because of the challenge of
playing as the head of the family, fulfilling her role as the leader of the women, killing someone, etc., etc.
, but I felt nothing. Everything was so superficial that the only thing I perceived, it was how the author was so desperate to make Estelle a "grown-up woman" and to expose her to tons of violent sh*t in order to give a good excuse to pair Emel and Estelle somehow (especially because Emel is a violent and disturbing dude, which is peculiar considering how Karl and her papa may have killed tons of people, but none of them are like Emel, despite no having their "human side" like him).

From one day to another
everyone praises her for her mature looks, starts talking to her about marriage, kids,
and whatever had to be added by the imposed social norms of that time and whatnot. So far in the webtoon, Estelle is just walking a path of what a woman of her era (in this 2nd life) should be, and I don't understand how that works when you have the experience of 2 lives in totally different worlds/eras and a family that supports you in whatever you want and encourages you to follow your own path (Karl and her papa at least are the most wholesome of the story and ofc, the couple of knights).

The author simply forced her to be perceived as a woman in her environment
by dolling her up differently with the excuse of war
, so we can have some drama and "romance" between Emel and her, but at the same time tried to justify her immaturity and still having a childish mind
by saying that she's losing all her memories of her first life (which sucked a lot, because I felt like she's losing everything she was once)
, to just become the prototype of a woman that her man will like (that's the overall feeling I get from the story, especially because
there was a phrase that Emel said about how she was his 'perfect doll' and how he should go out, abandon her -totally ignoring her feelings- in order to become the man that she deserves even if that means she'll hate him for her entire life
, lolol).

I am a child of this house had potential, but everything got wasted, I'm no longer excited about that story, and if at times I read some chapters, it's more because I'm forcing myself to finish something I've spent years on. I feel this new webtoon might be a similar situation if what you said it's true, so idk how to feel about it.

Since the beginning of I am a Child of this House I was kinda wary and uncomfortable about their age difference (since we always knew Emel was the ML), but I thought everything was ok since he never paid any weird attention to Estelle while she was a child and he wasn't sh*tty, he felt way more like a big bro than anything else, so I was kinda brainwashed with the idea that those two could be a couple (if the author worked the situation properly), but what did we get? A forced, toxic relationship where the less problematic thing is their age.

Estelle's development, maturity, and transformation are just based on Emel's perception
[like when the war ended and he saw her with a new outfit and say "you've changed" (and he said so because of the outfit, nor her eyes nor nothing else), or when he saw Estelle in a nightgown (again, the outfit) with a more developed body (still not the one of a fully grown-up woman) and said "you're not a child anymore" and got aroused at her
; despite her two lives' experience and despite the fact that she may have obtained more experience in
the war field, killing people, being exposed and accustomed to the violence of her new time, she may be more sarcastic in general now about how she's selfish and sometimes give "mature" speeches about life
, but in general she's dumber, way dumber. A lot more immature, more dramatic, more childish, and yet she still experiences things that are meant for grown-up adults.

I don't understand either the purpose to make her extremely powerful, and cared for and protected by everyone, if her brains suddenly melt when she's thinking about Emel, and all her skills disappear immediately and all her experience means nothing and she's just at the verge of losing everything just for him (I can't believe she's that same child who
survived torture
tbh).

Emel thinks as Estelle like "his star", his "perfect doll", she's just his fantasy (it's been a while since it seems Estelle is just written with that purpose) and as a fantasy, he doesn't care about her real feelings, he just does his sh*t without talking to her and everything (I can't forget the chapter
when he left her but didn't say anything to her, but went to talk with the Duke instead
; he's supposed to be in love with that woman, but he treats her with zero respect -her chivalry means nothing because at the end of the day he never respects her; he listens to her ideas only when is something he agrees with, but if not, he simply rejects her and uses cold war to suppress her intents). Another thing that I really hate about him is how condescending he is, he always sees Estelle as a poor small creature who can do nothing by herself and that's why the perfect knight has to protect her, but at the same time, she's supposed to figure it out everything when she's constantly put in the dark by him.

Does someone remember when he started to talk about his feelings towards Estelle? He used a phrase to explain how
he knew everything about Estelle's feelings since the beginning and how since she was so obvious, and perfect, and innocent, he was the one in power and in control and he should do something
. For many reasons I simply don't like that dude anymore and I'm so sad for Estelle (she's supposed to be the heroine, the MC of the story, etc. etc. but she's just a soulless doll now; both Emel and Stelle were way more wholesome, open with each other, and mature when she was a child and that's the more outrageous thing ever. How can that be an adult loving couple? I don't get it. Anyway, there's a lot of questionable things there.

- About this story:

Why did the author think a
gang r*pe, a pregnancy from your raptist
, and everything else was a good idea?
Also, another
torture
? In I am a Child of this House he did it with Estelle once (and let's not forget the magician was an old dude who not just enjoyed her suffering, Estelle was also a CHILD at that time, and the worst part is that she wasn't even the first child
tortured
by him or the tower).

Why would Siya write something worse this time? If u think about all the things written in his/her works, the author is starting to look so super weird. I seriously distrust anyone who would write something like that, like, in which context that would be valid or something you'd desire for your protagonist to go through?

And the things you said about the 2nd ML omg, I just can't believe it. Now I understand why the MC said in a chapter that she didn't
like him
. I feel so dumb for even being excited about his appearance in the story, geez. Idk idk, I'm starting to feel super uncomfortable with the idea of this manwha now, is 100% sure that it's going to walk towards that direction?

So far I've read till ch.24 and to me and things were getting pretty interesting.

The situation between the main couple currently is like rivalry, business partners, allies but not really, family but not really, there's a feeling of attraction between each other but not really: everything is happening but no. Both are starting to getting closer in a natural way, not forced because of some destiny or because they fell for each other since the very first time they met, etc. etc. (which it feels real to me because everything is blooming after interacting with each other and especially because the MC
sees him as a real person/ not as a chaacter
).

Also, they talk a lot with each other, they spend several chapters doubting each other (they still do it but differently),
she trying to earn his confidence no matter what and he trying to keep her in check, but then they talked and realized where both are standing (no, they still don't trust in each other, but they keep having relevant conversations like two mature people, they defy each other quite a lot and it usually feels nice -sometimes I get a bit scared at the ML haha-, like two rivals despite the clear intention of not being one/ or the clear intent that both have of respecting and not surpassing the other (even tho sometimes both does it); sometimes one or the other also take questionable and dangerous decisions that involve the other, but then they immediately question each other and express their distrust; they've also expressed some of their fears to experience a or b, and blabla,
which yeah, I find this dynamic pretty interesting and surprising). Once again, if u think in "I am a child of this house", the story had its own good moments but meh, so who knows.

Despite the mistrust between them, there's also a lot of natural closeness, affection, and recognition. Yes, there were situations like
her reaction to poison
that surprised me a bit (because she took many things like "oh, ok", I don't care/it's ok) but in my interpretation, it was because she had that kind of mindset that
she had to pay for everyone's pain in that world since she thought it was her fault (after she knows the truth, she starts changing her attitude, except for the poison stuff, but I guess it has to do with her intent of trusting the ML).
She's currently walking a path where maybe she'll push the ML towards his "destined" person, but it's not that sure, hopefully not.

Anyway, the only thing that has made me feel wary so far, is that I can see that the authors (or maybe just Siya) are not afraid of violence; the story is getting darker in many different layers especially in the way the ML's mindset works and how their enemies die (the MC is a bit more reserved about violence but she's still playing her cards in that aspect too) and idk, for example, the away
the uncle and his son died... especially the uncle... shocked me a lot

Edit: Idk, tbh the story so far seemed pretty interesting to me, the way the world of "the novel" (it'll be explained in the next chapters) is described was super interesting. In the beginning, everything seemed pretty cliché but those were starting to get broken later, and I found the chemistry of the main couple particularly interesting, mature, equal, and it made me pretty excited as well. Is that gonna change? Because of the things you wrote, idk how to feel about it anymore. I'm also totally hating the 2nd ML.

@AiriAi Siya is the main author I presume, when I went onto anime planet and checked I am a Child and this one, Siya was listed as the only author of Viridescent Crown, and one of two authors for I am a Child of This House, so I presume they are a main writer. I can't say if they're a man or woman since I really don't know and I don't think they've mentioned it. I remember some of what you've mentioned vaguely with the sa scenes in I am a child of this house, which is why I feel like the deleted scene in viridescent crown shows this author just has a boner for women being put in sexually violent scenes, and the way they handled it with emel was so gross. Also I really can't tell you how to feel about it, just knowing how I Am a Child of this House went with Emel's relationship and such, and knowing the author was going to include that disgusting scene leaves me very skeptical of how well this story would go. Like where I stopped was when Estelle and Emel were developing feelings for each other, it just disturbed me so much since she was an actual child when she met him. This author just seems to have a twisted perspective of women or at least one that makes me very uncomfortable.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for your hard work.
I feel like ppls nowadays took historical settings too serious. Luckily The curses of the royal family was written long time ago or else the mangaka might face some serious issues.

Users who are viewing this thread