The Voynich Hotel

Group Leader
what a ride. This is the best.

He could make this like it was nothing, the story was good, not even a single character wasted into dust.

I would recommend you to read this. 10/10

@dirak
IDK it has been a long time since i read it but i don't remember any inner monologue when he say "oh she is an adult"

Dex-chan lover
I love how random it was in the beginning with a lot of references, and I love it more how they managed to tangle all of them together for a pretty solid story to the end :>

Was totally not expecting something so wholesome nice from such an eerie cover and synopsis.

Definitely a nice read, and I suggest this more than ever if you don't mind the myriad of themes it portrays.

10/10

I am not even sure what to say, that was really strange, violent and gory at times yet it still was kinda really... wholesome? Really confusing, there are also many characters with their own stories, it was kinda hard for me to keep track on some of them. Overall it's good, i guess.

Dowman sayman is a genius in my opinion, way underrated
This manga in particular was great

>tfw no brown witch short hair gf

Fed-Kun's army
Reading the early chapters makes it feel surreal
Then you get to know the characters better ( I like them all )
Then all the events connect with each other

And it went back on being surreal
10/10

I really like this. The story has the same.. feeling of that baccano? I mean, in the sense that every characters already has an established back story and instead of tagging along in the beginning of a journey, we're thrusted right in the middle of an action pane.
I also how the heavy theme was discussed in a light-hearted manner, and that it has a relatively positive ending. love itt

Double-page supporter
Not sure how the rating is as high as it is. I guess I just don't like this type of story. It was enjoyable enough tho

Double-page supporter
This shit is so fucking sweet

Sorry just felt the need to swear

Double-page supporter
Who knew horror could so soothing and peaceful then again it helps the characters are those monsters

Man this series is wacky and the author was definitely on something while making this, but the weirdness of this piece is exactly what makes it so endearing. I love how the author wasn't afraid of killing off interesting characters like
Snark, Kurosawa, Tamara and even the older assassin sister Mamiya.

The author however drills it into your head that even death isn't absolute in this fictional universe by adding characters that can transcend the limits of life and death and guarantees an afterlife making the strangeness of the Voynich Hotel feel surreal.

The only real criticism for The Voynich Hotel is that the ending was too soon and a bit rushed and as I result we didn't see enough of some interesting characters like:
The Owner and Amelia (Literally the only couple that didn't get any development at all) as well as Beluna/Berna and the Mother of Sighs Suspiriorum. I get that Beluna is made up from the pieces of the Mother of Sighs but it was stated that the Mother of Sighs should still be alive as a screaming or singing head, and I feel a bit cheated since the Mother of Sighs was the only one of the 3 mothers that we actually didn't meet and I think an arc exploring the relationship between Suspiriorum and Beluna would have been perfect in order to give more character development to Beluna as well as giving the Mother of Sighs a proper introduction

Found out about this and binge-read it, such a great story, the ending was great imo, wrapped nicely without dragging.

Users who are viewing this thread