The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Blessing Ceremony

This setting is so dumb... Of course Blacksmiths can do MORE than just weapons, that's the entire point of the profession, they made basically EVERYTHING back then when modern technology hadn't developed machinery yet... Really, having this looked down upon makes NO sense. Do they laugh at lumberjacks because they just cut wood? No? Then why the hell is a blacksmith the worst job?

Double-page supporter
It's a super rare job not seen for decades since the very first person got it
It's commonly known as the worst job
It's OP as fuck its function is easy to discover

Why is the mangaka trying to tell us that all these 3 things apply simultaneously?

@Kirche
Of course Blacksmiths can do MORE than just weapons, they made basically EVERYTHING back then
I was wondering where all tools, building components etc. came from in this world. Summoning magic?

Dex-chan lover
There are only two possible explanation: the first one, the blacksmiths secret guild deliberately spread those rumors to hide the real extent of their skill and keep the manufacturing and repairing prices high.
The second, and most likely, the author is dumb as a brick, and didn't spend more than 15 seconds on the setting.

Dex-chan lover
Blacksmith, known as the weakest profession.
Also, blacksmith, literary no credible information about profession exist, as rare as this other mythical profession.
Makes sense.

It's stupid to automatically look down on a profession that's that rare and that nobody have real information about it.

@zarian2 you have 200 girls who like you? Good for you man. I suppose semantically, 'harem' is ill-fitting, but you'd really have to narrow down harem to either super evident polygamy, or a sultan style harem for that. Literally all that happens in stories like this is just a bunch of blueballing, lowkey flirtation with a bunch of characters, some wildly bullshit power fantasy and bitch slapping of easily dislikeable characters, yada yada the lowest hanging fruits, and I see this as more or less a softcore version of the bullshit that harem is.

Dex-chan lover
@madwhiffery Lol you can't think of 2 women who are ok with your company? If yes, then congratulations! You have a harem too (by your standard) If no, well, damn. You must be one dreadful monster.

@zarian2 well now you're contradicting yourself. There's a pretty damn obvious difference between being friendly with women, and all the women in this story here who practically go- waaaaaaa you complimented meeeeeeeeee- which just seems so fucking batshit for a human to react like, to a person they just met that too. To interject, you must either only have a couple of really good friends, or no friends at all, if somehow your social interaction with women irl is characterized by anything remotely similar to what our MC here goes by. Especially complete strangers. I was literally just responding to your point about having 200 women like you- which while probably hyperbole, seemed a stupid point to make. Notably also there's probably a good difference to be made from having somebody be friendly and okay with your company, and liking you and crushing on you in 5 seconds. Maybe I misunderstood your use of like though, but still point stands that this manga isn't shit to judge human interaction by.

At any rate, if you're going to apply human standards on them then you may as well and first go ask the author to write his characters as anything more than soggy cardboad cutouts in toe deep puddles. Is it okay for our MC to have a couple hundred women friends? Sure. Does it seem sus as hell for tsundere noble girl mc literally just met to suddenly go aww why dont you stay with me a while? I dunno dawg, sure seems to warrant a bullshit indicator for me. Not convinced that this manga is not the epitome of normal human interaction? I dunno bruv, that seems overly friendly enough to me to seem like a harem. I don't see how any of it warrants mc just going around and somehow attracting women like a fucking magnet. Anyway, bleh, i don't even know why I'm dwelling on this shitty manga.

Dex-chan lover
@madwhiffery Muahahahaha, got you tired of arguing while simultaneously making no points whatsoever! That's like, eleven wins for me!

But seriously though, what were we even arguing about? Cheers!

Dex-chan lover
What a dipshit premise. A blacksmith would be responsible for creating any kind of metalware. Not just weapons but armor, nails, pots and pans, fittings and all sorts of tools and materials

Dex-chan lover
a lot of series start out strong and then get lost in the sauce, but upon rereading this is one of the few that start with a intro concept that’s dumb as rocks and then becomes something pretty good

almost a good premise, I like the divine treasures vs. blacksmithing. but holy fuck so many pages full of items made using blacksmithing... lol. Huge plothole but ive already read the good stuff so

Dex-chan lover
Do they not need armor? Why would blacksmiths be so bad the people literally laugh at them? I mean, basically everyone has a weapon from God and you don't need protection? Wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread