The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Blessing Ceremony

@DeathDonut probably because there are jobs such as "farmer" with legendary farming equipment, legendary chef equipment and all that; plus he did say that blacksmith is only usable regarding "weapons" (which is retarded i know, but he using the definition like that so eh)

Dex-chan lover
Can I get the harem tag removed please, this girl is perfect I don't want anyone else please

Dex-chan lover
Oh sweet, I love this WN, had no idea they adapted it.

@DeathDonut
In this world blacksmiths only make weapons for some reason, I don't remember all the details. I know there is a job called "craftsman" that makes many of the things you mentioned, including doors requiring hinges, furniture requiring nails, etc. They are considered a higher class than blacksmith because almost everyone is given a divine weapon, so a weaponblacksmith is sort of superfluous. Also, what @FanGAWL said.

@Meyahviing
Waay into the WN now, and I haven't seen traditional harem at all, actually, not really any romance at all. He just runs into a lot of girls, who end up liking him. Which apparently automatically gets you the harem tag on a lot of stuff nowadays. I'm not through the entire book though, so I can't say what happens later. So if you're concerned about the busty neko oneesan, the loli, the noble girl, and the heroine all having a 5p with him, I think you might be ok. But if you're one of those people that say "OMFG more than one girl in this series likes the MC, this is bullshit!" then ya, you might want to run for the hills. Cheers!

@zarian2 ayyyyyy

@firosahoge because he probably was a regular blacksmith, as in "regular weapons" blacksmith, hence why everyone in this world clown on the blacksmiths for being unwanted

Aggregator gang
Quite honestly no can't unsee how clunky the "swords" look. Excalibur doesn't even have an edge. Has this mangaka ever seen a real weapon before?

Fed-Kun's army
Black smithing is looked down upon? I guess things like armor, shields,pots,pans,ect. Arnt very developed in this world

like the rest of the comments here, having blacksmith in this story for only making weapons is plain stupid. however i think it's because it's a rare job and the older ones that end up with it only tried making a weapon from the skill and miserably failed producing higher quality than of a divine weapon like the ones they usually get from the blessing and didn't try anything else. so i think those people only had the goal of making a weapon that are stronger than the divine weapons till they died and never succeeded plus forgot to try other things because they didn't fully understand the job because it was rare also like the hero's. but the execution of the story is bad if that's the gist of it, unless they have higher imaginations than or the same as the author itself.

Double-page supporter
@mred
Exactly! There's no way in hell that only MC can hear that inner voice. And if that handholding tutorial-like system can't make them realised how special this job is, they are definitely mental retarded.

Talking about that inner voice, it was the laziest way to explain the rules of the world ever and I really hate it. It was fine when Slime did it since it was new at the time, but after it became too mainstream, it became a convenient tool for these lazy writers. Why bother writing about the process of how MC discover his ability when some divine being can just laid it out in open for you? Yeah, if that's not lazy writing I don't know what is.

Dex-chan lover
@madwhiffery What I was saying is there wasn't anything resembling romance at all. There are multiple female side characters, some of which do like the MC, but never pursue it. But if that's all it takes to have a harem nowadays, then I have something like 200 women in my "harem." Woo, Go me! That's like, Aegir harem level! On the Road to MY Kingdom! (Now THAT's a harem.)

Double-page supporter
Relius kind of reminds me somewhat of Archer Emyia, he somewhat powerful and produce millions of blades out of thin air along with Unlimited Blade Work while Lynn being Saber.

Dex-chan lover
Wait so you're telling me that the class that gets stronger from reproducing ANYTHING they break is somehow looked down on? Did no other blacksmiths get those prompts? Even if that's the case, are you telling me no other black smith ever experimented with their ability to create and destroy things at will? They're creating things all the time and none of them ever noticed they were getting stronger! I-I just can't wrap my mind around this.

Excuse me, Author-san, what are you smoking? Can I have some? It's only right to share.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like another case of the author not giving enough thought to his setting. Even if the main's blacksmithing skill is outstanding, the ability to create and repair with a thought would make the class indispensable for day to day life. Blacksmiths would be the equivalents of modern day factories and would raise the standard of living around them.

Aggregator gang
Bruh, Blacksmith isn't a bad job. Infact, it was one of the best if raised perfectly. With Blacksmith class, you can literally create and use any weapon.

People in this manga's world just doesn't have any imagination or creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread