The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Blessing Ceremony

Fed-Kun's army
...That's called a Carpenter or Pottery.

And that's not me limiting blacksmithing to just weapons and armor, any form of metal work can debatebly be labeled under the profession. You could make sub classes of gold, silver, and copper smiths. Even something of a stretch like Glass Smith.

Second, what is up with these "The Bullies in High School were wrong about me" mentality. What's the point in making a guy who could repair if not craft entirely new weapons in a world where such a skill is not needed (at first, can't wait for some to actually break their shit and come begging for MC to smash them with his hammer-I know what I said) especially when your audience knows damn well that his job is far from useless before they even read the story because no shit.

It's like: Not everyone is trying to become an Adventure. For Societies to form and create a functional economy, you need more people geared towards production than destruction. The percentage of people you need to specialized in violence can be as low as 10%, after that the market should be were the desire goes next.

@Leo80221 that would make the story believable.

Edit: Ykw. This is like if Perturabo (from 40k) wrote an Isekai/Wish Fulfilment Fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
This dude has no idea what he just got into. Blacksmithing or crafting is the bare bones of all societies. If you diss on crafting, the people who actually know it's uses, will hunt you down and pour Tabasco Sauce in your eyes.

Now, if he's granted a stat increase, then he's the most dangerous guy in the room. The Hero isn't the strongest person, a blacksmith of the Gods is. Why? They make the most beautiful of dreams, and the most horrendous of nightmares.

@LupinThe108956th

Those people can go 5 rounds against Chuck Norris and hold their own.

@sjmcc13

If it is, then that means whoever supplied the knowledge, is under suspicion. I don't like this "Church", it gives off a creepy vibe.

@Riger

If that's the case, then "Unlimited Sword Works" is a thing for him.

How to spot lazy artist look at the eyes. Notice how one eye is always covered or winking for no reason. They literally change hairstyle every other panel just to cover one eye. I just cant unsee this shit.

Aggregator gang
@jimmyclear
Did you really read the explanation properly? It was clearly stated that you can only forge inferior weapon with the occupation of blacksmith in a world where every people who have occupation have its own corresponding divine tool

So if your occupation is a warrior, between a normal sword made by a blacksmith vs your job corresponding divine tool(indestructable sword with its own skill), ofcourse the blacksmith would be obsolete aka useless occupation.

@Phelix
"Blacksmiths" are supposed to be only capable of forging weapons and nothing else,hence the mc is surprised that he can use "blacksmith" on household items...

But yeah,i think the author is confused between a weaponsmith which is specialize in weapons vs a genuine blacksmith who makes a variety of objects using metals... So its even more weird to call the mc as a blacksmith when he was dealing with any type of material....
(broken plate:ceramic plate=Pottery)
(bed= woodworking/Carpentry)

Fed-Kun's army
Dont you love those world where everyone is dumb in order to make the MC seem better and more amazing?

Dex-chan lover
@jimmyclear
If you finished the second chapter, you know whether my guess was right or not.
It apparently was, and he can make unlimited copies of anything broken his hammer absorbs.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sweat_Seats

I know what the MC thinks blacksmiths are supposed to be able to do, but I know why the story is titled the way that it is while conveniently showing that blacksmiths are actually not useless. I know why the author purposely made a setting where blacksmith would be seen as the worst job because they aren't really able to do their primary function because there's not high demand for it, while also making them forget that they could do a bunch of other things instead such as crafting the everyday tools made from metal (no one ever thought "just for a joke, let me slap that piece of metal so I can at least laugh at myselfohholycrap, this job actually has purpose!")-which society very much so needs and would at least give the job some respect amongst Civil matters if not Military.

Consider that other guy's theory, @Leo80221, where the class is purposely put down so that the people with it never practice it (because stupidity and laziness) and lvl up to a point of actually creating legendary weaponry that can just be sold around and screw with the status quo...that would actually be awesome, but, it should have some organization hunting down the mc. Who knows.

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats

I wasn't aiming at weapons. Remember that dude that brushed on by? The one carrying a giant sword? What was he wearing? Nothing by a fur toga. No concept of armor. So chances of the dude dying in a fight, are high. A blacksmith isn't focused on weapons, they need to have a proficiency in making everything.

Horseshoes, foundations, footwear, armor, almost anything pertaining to metal. Why? If you wear it, they cover it. No one there is living metal, so they need Blacksmiths. When one doesn't show up in the last 100 years, that's an even greater concern.

Thanks for the chapter!
What a two faced bishop. Cares more about prestige of having a hero appear at his church and forcing her to fight despite not having the will for it based solely on her job. Then saying she has no choice in the matter because that's the way of the world and it's for the peoples benefit when really means his own. BS. Also, who's the guy who tried to attack Lynn with the spiky vined spear? In any case it's obvious MC has a god tiered skill considering he's using Mjolnir as a hammer. Once his level gets high enough he'll be able to deconstruct people and make a whole bunch of new ones. He has the knowledge, the technology. To make them stronger, faster, and all for 6 million gold each! In any case, seems Blacksmith is the ultimate craftsman skill that's been looked down and loaded with bad rumors to denigrate, most likely deliberately for some reason. Personally considering that corrupt bishop I'd say it's the church to avoid losing followers and (mostly) donations. After all, if a blacksmith could make anything, whether furniture, weapons, or armor that's better quality and useable by all than god given weapons only one person can use it could make people lose faith in the the church and god. Granted there's still the problems MC noted in having to carry it around while the granted stuff can be summoned/stored at will. Although if he's part of the party he can construct and deconstruct a cabin, the furniture, and armor as needed.

Aggregator gang
@jimmyclear bruh, "blacksmith" can't forge anything beside weapons. Its a job restriction in this story. Thats the point. Im simply explaining the plot, im not arguing that blacksmith is a useless occupation or its only limited to weapons.

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats

According to page 22, all it said was "It is said that blacksmiths are only capable of forging ordinary weapons". Who said that?

All I'm saying is, what he's been told, he should throw out. If it's no use to him, he needs to throw it out and expand.

Group Leader
This cant even be considered a weak job, not even a twist to a weak job. This is just plain OP job, and honestly shouldnt even be called blacksmith at this point

Dex-chan lover
...fuck so everybody gets an indestuctible weapon right off the bat?!?! BRUUUUUUH

Dex-chan lover
....I’m sorry but...did the previous blacksmiths all not have these skills or something? Or were they all just secretive as fuck and just not tell anybody how overpowered they were?

Fed-Kun's army
What, the MC is OP? Look how surprised I am!
bruh what the shit is this story, why are the past blacksmiths so shit then

Blacksmith is far from useless...
Ok its a world with treasures but is it everyone use their as spoon, hook, knife, pan, pot, scissor, nail, ... ?
Don't underestimate the BS profession

lmao why is art wasted on this trash?

"Uh I dOnT waNNa FighT ThO"

stfu why is there a damsel in distress this trope is getting old

Users who are viewing this thread