The Weakest Occupation "Blacksmith," but It's Actually the Strongest

Vanguard will be picking this series up!
We'll pump out chapter 1 as soon as we can.
Please be patient in the meantime.

Double-page supporter
Just by reading the description, I can see that the people of this world are beyond stupid

haven't even read the first chapter, but from all 'is the weakest occupation' they chose a fucking blacksmith. oh you know the guy who was needed in LITTERALY EVERY VILLAGE and also NEEDING TO BE FUCKING STRONG TO KEEP SWINGING THAT HAMMER FOR HOURS. how for the love of god is that considerd the weakest occupation, you could make a case for appraisal magic, or mapping magic, but being a fucking blackmisth ain't a fucking weak guy....

EDIT: alright i read the first chapter, AND HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT EVEN WORSE THEN I TOUGHT. blacksmith that can only make weapons. well i hope people never run out of farmer, cooking and miners classes cause damn it would suck being unable to plow your field and cook your food cause appernlty blacksmiths can't maken fucking pottery or pickaxes.

minor spoilers for the first chapter

eventually the guy figure out his power can do more then jsut make weapons (o gee who could have guessed a blakcsmith could do things!!) but apperntly just being a metal worker he is also a carpenter and pottery maker and you know jsut magical repair stuff without any loss of material. but yeha blacksmith is a horrible job. not like he could repair the fucking castles or something, o wait HE CAN

Giving this a 1☆ just for the aneurysm inducing concept alone holy shit I am actually 100% mad

Contributor
Everybody’s already touched on why this premise is a pile of shit, but what I want to zero in on is the fact that the MC is a blacksmith who soon realizes that he can build and repair anything.

That’s not blacksmithery. That’s called being a handyman.

Supporter
Thanks for the translation. I'll read it even if people review bomb it because it's a good way to punish myself for other weaknesses

" weakest " " unprofitable " occupation are freaking strangers to " blacksmith " . while it's boring seeing so much the same format of ' the weakest blablabla.." at least other use stuff like ' appraiser ' ' cook ' ' villager ' ' farmer' , it has some sense

"EVERYONE IN THE WORLD HATES ME BECAUSE THEY ARE PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING THE CONCEPT OF A SUPPORT CLASS"

Dex-chan lover
Haven't read it yet, but... seriously???
Of all the "weakest" tropes, we're going with blacksmith here?

At least, this class has fighting potential. Hammering a piece of metal and hammering a moving target are different, but if you can forge, you at least have the strength to deal serious damage to enemies.

And then, some of the comments before mine let me believe that it's yet another one of those stories where "x is the weakest" only means "everyone is just super dumb".

And then, this stupid trope has two main subtropes:
- mc finds a way to use his job/skill differently than usual.
- or mc is handled a separate cheat and his base job/skill had little to do with him becoming "the strongest".
The first one is usually the "everyone is dumb" concept where the job was underestimated because everyone was gaslighting the job holders instead of finding a way to use it properly.
The second option is just a bait and switch. Here "x is weak, but actually strong" is a lie: x is indeed weak, but the mc gets a separate cheat. That doesn't make his job stronger anymore than giving a nuke to a singer turns "singer" into an op job.

Overall, these can be ok stories, but the starting point is generally just stupid or misleading. Sometimes both.
(Of the recent ones, the "appraiser is weak" seems to be the best example of both.)

Oh what an interesting story. Never before seen premise. Dang wtf what a twist his weak job Blacksmith is actually the strongest???

Instant follow and 10/10.

Users who are viewing this thread