The White Cat's Revenge as Plotted from the Dragon King's Lap

Group Leader
I enjoy whats happening in the manga so far give or take a few moments (especially cuz Jade is just like Asahi but handsome hello?? the mofu adfiction was cute at the start and Ruri likes him but hello), but after reading ahead in the WN Im highly disappointed with the turn of events.

There was a lot of loss for potential in character development in many characters, and I find anything during this next fairies/Nadarsia/Asahi arc to just be meh, like the kind of thing where the plot is serviceable but its not that good. The deal breaker is what happened around chapter 40 of the WN
has to do with Ruri and Jade's relationship and her new circumstances caused by Jade just after she "solves" her asahi problem. The lap thing is supposed to be cute and fluffy, not pleased for sudden Ruri gonna agree to being possessively locked up inside cant talk to men, basically given no choice to marry Jade bc he does something extreme and now shes being physically altered for dragon babies. Also shes okay with it even tho she wanted independence for so long so the fairies don't raise hell at all. HES MALE ASAHI SINCE THE START... And i hate asahi but shes also just a 1-D character that exists to make you feel bad for Ruri and she deserves better than how the author wrote her and her end, especially in the war arc
. Just ugh. And less fun times with the cold-blooded fairies.

Im super wary but since im not sure what the LN is like and the manga could potentially be following the LN version instead (since its little different from the WN) im gonna put this on hold for now... Like its pretty similar but i already see minor changes i like so far. Okay. And i suppose the WN could redeem itself if there are more chapters but im finding the will to read raws or manga after what happened really low. Like am i supposed to get more invested in these characters knowing that the author is just gonna make some botched writing choices with them?

If you want spoilers go read the low star reviews on the WN version on NovelUpdate since they pretty much cover it.

good manga both story and art, but cat with anime eyes make me uncomfortable

Dex-chan lover
3 month and not updates, wha happend ? ive read the group description but somehow it says they only dedicated the work only for otome flag .

Dex-chan lover
It's going to be the awkward reveal ever. I can't wait for the cringe and sweetness.

Users who are viewing this thread