The White Cat's Revenge as Plotted from the Dragon King's Lap - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
The point is, you are kidnapping her right? I dont want to hear anything otherwise

Dex-chan lover
Asahi is like, dense. But she's not the fun Bakarina type of dense. It's like the type of dense after you eat a fast-food burger and it just sits in your gut while you're just praying it turns into poo and gets flushed down the toilet soon.

Firstly, thanks for picking this one up :)

In my opinion:
As a sovereign, there is no real room for sympathy for the crazy girl's plight due to the dangerous nature of her ability combined with her insanity. His only real option is to neutralise her ability to be a threat before she causes/enables more avoidable fatalities.

That doesn't necessarily mean the stupid priestess has to be killed, but either her charm ability has to be eliminated, or she needs to be locked away and supervised by those immune to her powers for the safety of society as a whole.

Anything less would show a fundamental weakness in his mentality that could be exploited by his enemies. i.e. Just because the dragons can't be defeated in direct combat, does not enable them to protect their society from being be tanked by psychological warfare if they do not have a strong leader willing to make harsh decisions.

Whoaaa... I really wanna throw that girl away in the garbage island. Feels sorry for Ruri that must be near her for years. Anyway, boar kotaro turned soo fluffy... The world journey indeed fruitful

Dex-chan lover
I might be part of a minority but Asahi is starting to worm into me. She's stupid as heck and doesn't understand people at all, but she's not a bad person with bad intentions. Just... dumb. Dangerously dumb. Once her charm magic is sealed away (I bet she didn't even realize she had charm magic), I hope she becomes a recurring character.

Aggregator gang
Good lord
I hate this back and forth shit because the 2 girls

The other is retarded , beyond being saved
Let her disappear forever

This story wouldn't be so bad if the author didn't make Asahi so prominent in the story and irritatingly brain damaged at the same time. How can you be that old and still be dumber than shit?

Ruri isn't helping anything either by hiding that she's human for no reason other than... who knows what. She just apologizes for causing problems for everyone, but in the end she's just going to pretend this issue doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
Was thinking about this series earlier, great to see it after quite a while.

Thank you for the chapter! I love this story, and was hoping it would be updated again soon.

oh my g- The frustration I'm having with both characters especially with that dumbass with the brain the size of a peanut... Or none at all... Bless her soul

Sfskdlskslkekek

Dex-chan lover
They disappeared? Well, problem solved.

Well, as stupid as Asahi may be, but: If you don't know which side you should believe in and you have to pick one, it might really be for the best to stick with one side until you are offered prove, that you picked the wrong one.

The problem in her case is, it can't be proven, as she sees any prove as manipulated and she doesn't want to be in the wrong. Even worse, she can't imagine being wrong on such a large scale and her mind goes lengths to construct scenarios, in which she is still right. Up till now Asahi "actually" always has been right about nearly everything as everyone told her so. And as everyone told her so for her whole life, then something must have been wrong with the world she lived in till today, if that happens to be a false fact. And a damaged, broken world, now that's unlikely, isn't it? The world is the world, it is absolute and as it is the reality we live in, we accept it as it is. And so did she. Only poor MC has been wrong all her life and therefore NEEDS Asahi's guidance, as she is now in danger without her.

Maybe she isn't as stupid as she is bratty and self-righteous. I still can't forgive MC's mother for what she did to her own daughter and to Asahi. As she knew what's wrong with her, she should have tried to break the charming curse, contacted somebody, who could do that, or at least leave her alone without sacrificing her own daughter.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix In a situation where you don't know which side can be believed, it's definitely better to question BOTH sides. If you pick a side to believe, you're likely to become biased for them and arbitrarily give less value to anything the other party says, a bit like what Asahi is doing. The more self-centered you are, the more biased you'll be, because you're more likely to convince yourself that you chose correctly regardless of the facts.

Whether Asahi is an idiot or not is irrelevant imo. What's really important to note is how much of a shitty person she is. She is so self-centered, she'd rather believe her best friend was fucking BRAINWASHED than accept that this same best friend told her that "Hey, maybe there's a chance that you could be wrong?". In the end, she chose to believe some "nice" people she hasn't known for a year over her "best friend" since childhood, simply because it was more convenient to her. It's sad to think that people like that probably exist irl.

Besides, she doesn't even need to listen to Jade. She was at teh frontline in the war; she SAW how much stronger the Dragon Kingdom is, and simple logic says that the stronger party has no need to kidnap people. But she is unable to accept this simple logic. Yeah I take it back, Asahi is an idiot, plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread