There’s No Way a Side Character Like Me Could Be Popular, Right? - Vol. 2 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
End?!
tpbk7ri.png
afaik, at the current english TL chapters, MC still didn't made a real pair with anyone, and has Touka, Childhoodfriend TM and his teacher gunning for him. Maybe even more girls, I honestly don't remember at this point.
Well, maybe it's better that it ended here. No need for harem bullshit with a wishy washy MC.

Dex-chan lover
This isn't the ending. I know that for a fact because I remember the next arc of the story where he interacts with some students in some council and helps out a lot. Even the advisor in that council who is a teacher showed some interest in him.

I read the raws and just used google lens to translate. So I'm wondering why they haven't scanlated that part yet.

Whatever the case, this isn't worth fussing over. The art is really janky and distracting.

Dex-chan lover
This was literally only Volume 1 if you go by the Light Novels. Official translation novels are available on Amazon Kindle (I bought mine there) if you want to know how the story progresses.

Contributor
Did we really end with the tired old romcom trope of "Deliberately confess while the train is passing so you can't be heard"...?
Oh well, such is the way with yet another glorified novel ad. :haa:

This ending scores the MU tag Female Lead Falls in Love First, but not the tag "Fake Couple Becomes Genuine". I would've liked it if we at least got a manga-original ending where this happened. Takes a bit of the "ad" away from these destined-to-be-axed adaptations by giving it a bit of its own thing.

Fine. Off this goes to the pile of axed manga over there.

Artist Harumare is working on a spicier manga this time, I wonder if that one will get picked up. It seems to based on an ero WN and those seem to tend to be short, so maybe that one isn't getting axed like this did.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you don’t mind spoiling, how far along until they become a couple? Also will there be more idiotic cases of people threatening them or forced drama? Thanks for that information.
sorry to destroy your hopes but
rn wn is 4and a half volumes out translated and (manga is at the end of vol 1)there is no progress between the two still in wn
if you want to know wtf did they do all these volumes
more girls obv, every volume has another girl that is on focus and tells their backstories ,their relationship with mc and it continues to develop near the end of volume things get some action and at final it gets some sort of conclusion and after that the girl will "harden her resolve"

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this manga is axed tbh, just a regular LN advertisement. They often only adapts like 1 or 2 LN volumes to bait people into reading the original source.

Dex-chan lover
sorry to destroy your hopes but
rn wn is 4and a half volumes out translated and (manga is at the end of vol 1)there is no progress between the two still in wn
if you want to know wtf did they do all these volumes
more girls obv, every volume has another girl that is on focus and tells their backstories ,their relationship with mc and it continues to develop near the end of volume things get some action and at final it gets some sort of conclusion and after that the girl will "harden her resolve"
Thank you for this bit of information and can't believe there are so many girls that fall for him including a teacher which I assume is the one they showed in the earlier chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I dont know why, somehow i knew this is going to happen when the art quality turns funni on the previous chapter

Users who are viewing this thread