They Only Remembered Her

@Kwel To be fair, every time a man steps in, it's portrayed as an instance of her status and political power coming into play. And since that social power comes through military accomplishments, and given the kind of society she lives in, that really can only happen in the form of a man stepping in. And she clearly is in the position of power with respect to these guys; you get the sense they would dive off a cliff for her. She just doesn't deliberately leverage this because Asian culture values humility and considers the conscious exertion of social power to be dishonest.

Ugh someone just spoil it for me, who does she end up with? T-T Id rather get my heart broken here rather than later when I grow attached to all of them T-T

I don't get why people are complaining about the MLs "rescuing" her. They never did. She solved her problems all by herself. She was the one who cornered her aunt and uncle. And she stood up to Jenna's uncle all by herself. All the MLs ever did was highlight the fact that she's someone they respect. Count Wilkins was literally bragging about Clarence's achievements.

I actually dont want her to be shipp with any of the males in cover nor brother. Kind of want a hidden ML/chatacter to be her partner.

It seems the MC is going to be completely passive this entire novel. Literally, every issue she is facing stems from the fact that she refuses to take a noble title despite the fact that she is more than qualified for one. It's like she thrives on being looked down on and subjecting her brother to the same thing.

Her refusal to solve things using legitimate connections is beyond frustrating, and she put her brother in a very bad position because of it. Simply saying "we are so and so of so and so house" would have ended this 3 chapters ago. It's a nice series but there is a lot of unnecessary drama here. I get her not wanting to be rewarded for murder and formally accepting a title, but using your actual connections to stop your brother from being sexually harassed is obvious. I really can't respect letting him get pimped out like this.

idk if this is selfish but i seriously dont want her to be dragged back to the capital for the prince or something. in all of these stories the only purpose of the female lead is to fall in love, and even if they have a life before they throw it all away for the guy. i just highkey want a happy story with her and her brother, and if she ends up with anyone i dont want it to be the manipulative prince

Lead has no personality whatsoever and refuses to be the deciding factor in plot progression, which makes her feel like a side character rather than a protagonist. Not worth the time

I have no idea how ones like this have a high rating while one like The Emperor's Companion are so low. I mean whenever she has a problem that escalates one of the men in her harem come in to save her then leaves and it's that on repeat.
None of them have any personality, it's just clichés and a bunch of flowers in the background.
The Emperor's Companion started off bad but got really good, I thought I would stick with this one to see if the same happens but I just feel like every chapter is the same bs over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread