They Only Remembered Her

Fed-Kun's army
@bella831 I hope not. They are all stock characters. Including brother, who is fucking annoying as a bonus.

My impression is colored by me reading Emperor and the Female Knight previously. It's very different with somewhat similar setup. It makes this one look like fluffy trash. It doesn't follow through with ideas and the love interests are... again, stock characters + really annoying brother. And the premise stopped making sense. She hasn't visited or taken her brother out of that shitty household for 15 years. It was war? But then we see her at parties and guarding the mage in his office. It doesn't make any sense that she wouldn't have enough leave to visit him even once or take him to the capital. She had connections. And she refused any honors, even though she suspected the situation. It's a mess.

This story is all "Tell" with no "Show," it's pretty disappointing. Clarence is, allegedly, some kind of amazing legendary knight but we've seen none of that. I wish I could see the story of her time served in battle, meeting all these people and why they actually rely on her so closely.
Instead, it's a frustrating story about Clarence as if she was a total failure, and her floundering around and being pushed around by just about everyone instead of using her own power that she cultivated over her years of service as a highly ranked knight.

It's as if I worked for years to become the Chief Operating Officer of Amazon, retired, but said "nah" to her golden parachute and pension, and gets a new job as a Dollar General checkout clerk. She then allows herself to be pushed around by every soccer mom and petty manager that she encounters, when the CEO of the top company wants to adopt her, her BFF is the Pope, and she's on a first name basis with the President of the country.

Honestly, there's no way she was an elite soldier when she is so naive - battle tactics require you to understand the psyche, and have an understanding of power dynamics.

@empchroma
You r right. I hate that this manga is wasted potential cause the summary seemed interesting. It's such a shame. But I think another one of the author's greatest miss in this story is that the FL has no goal whatsoever. So far, it seems like she just wants to live happily together with her brother and she's just going with the flow. Usually, when I read about a MC wanting to live freely and relax, they at least encounter obstacles along the way but this story does not do that. Maybe the obstacles r the guys but they don't rlly do anything. Even though they want her to go back to the capital, the story just shows each guy spending time with her instead of trying to convince her to come back with them. There just doesn't seem to be a story here. Like, I thought the point of the story was to find out why Clarence think she's not going to be remembered by anyone or why she left the capital? But they havent mentioned the former at all since the 1st chapter and the latter may already be answered since she said she just plans to live together with her brother. So there's basically no plot here.

I just realized that if the author started this manga when the war began, it would have been so much more interesting. We get to see Clarence's skill, what happens to her, and how she developed a relationship with each guy. THIS STORY DESPERATELY NEEDS A MAIN CONFLICT. It cant be counted as a story if there is no conflict. She encounters little problems but that's it

here is RAW chapter 35-40 https://newtoki92.com/webtoon/3939574/%EC%82%AC%EC%8B%A4-%EA%B7%B8%EB%93%A4%EC%9D%80-%EC%98%A4%EC%A7%81-%EA%B7%B8%EB%85%80%EB%A7%8C%EC%9D%84-%EA%B8%B0%EC%96%B5%ED%95%98%EA%B3%A0-%EC%9E%88%EC%97%88%EC%8A%B5%EB%8B%88%EB%8B%A4?toon=%EC%9D%BC%EB%B0%98%EC%9B%B9%ED%88%B0

Dex-chan lover
@VMIN1995 omg! so that's what it is! i new something was missing when i read the first few chapters! i gave up cuz i don't see any excitement from it..

You have left your family in the countryside to fight for your nation,
You miss the smile of your son as he woke you in the morning
You regret leaving behind your wife, the one you gave your life to
You have sworn undying loyalty to your motherland,
You, as well, have trained day and night to fight for the sake of your cause,
You chose to serve while knowing you wouldn't see the light the next day,
And they only remembered her? THE FUCK BITCH.

Dex-chan lover
Why is this receiving so much votes for 10 lmao.
I'm not complaining, just wondering. I guess people vote in the beginning?

Dex-chan lover
this is shaping up to be better than expected, but it's still a 'okay' series. it has more depth and the smooth evasions from romance flags are nice, so far you only meet love interests but no one has the intention to pursue her. wow 35 chapters but no romance? well there is romantic tension and fluffy memories, the lack of the severity of her past seems inconsequential by a vague blessing, but that's more than enough from the author than deliberately omitting it and forgetting her past.
there is also a BOSS lady that is enjoyable~

wow the art looks great, theres only 2 reverse harem manhwas that i follow, its "It looks like ive fallen into the reverse harem game" and "deaths is the only ending for villainess", so i just got here, is it worth reading guys?thank you😙

@veeazaa I'm also here after "It looks like ive fallen into the reverse harem game" (the second one doesn't seem like a harem imho, as it's more about surviving), but this one just didn't click for me. Maybe it gets better later on, but the first chapter was a bit too cringy for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread