This Girl Is a Little Wild - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
Good to see both the Captain and Epheria had the same killer instincts and was ready to stomp this guy.

Dex-chan lover
@icarushector lol that is true. i guess i wanted more screen time of them together. there was like only 5 panels with them and the new character got like half the chapter

@WhimsiCat true true. i kinda want them to be like... a power couple who fights back to back while flirting hahaha

Dex-chan lover
"How dare he stop me! I shall concoct a plan to kidnap his woman and defile her as I see fit! I am a noble and allowed to do that! His very real threats mean nothing because he can't hurt me, despite the readers finding out the Special Froce can, in fact, hurt me dearly! Also, I'm sure she's not some amazing thing like the soul of the departed greatest paladin. That would be silly."

Oh, hey, he finally got Jullius not to ignore him! Achievement unlocked, give the guy a gold star 😆

Fed-Kun's army
His name is Jullius, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Caesar is the hero from "Survive as the hero's wife".

Quick. While she's still part of a [non-fallen] noble family, substitute her in as vice-captain. It's a win/win for everyone! ..well, everyone who matters, anyway.

@Vasqueztion "How dare he stop me! I shall concoct a plan to kidnap his woman and defile her as I see fit! I am a noble and allowed to do that! His very real threats mean nothing because he can't hurt me, despite the readers finding out the Special Froce can, in fact, hurt me dearly! Also, I'm sure she's not some amazing thing like the soul of the departed greatest paladin. That would be silly."

Yeah, I'm not going to be making any bets against that outcome happening. :p

@Sancturil "I'm a bit confused as to what was meant by "can't speak human." They clearly don't mean it literally, so is it just because of him being rude? That doesn't seem like something Julius cares much about, so what is it?"

Beyond a very basic level, he clearly wasn't making any coherent sense with his statements. He was ranting on about being ignored and making threats, without engaging in any of the reasoning, adjustments to interaction, or other facets that are associated with mature and/or meaningful social interactions. Hence, he was behaving more like a beast, responding to stimuli in a simplistic and repetitive manner, than he was acting in a manner that expected of a proper human. I get that those expectations are a bit hard to make sense of, in this post-Trump era, but it does make perfect sense within the story's context. Or, y'know, by any rational standards.

More simply put, he was throwing an irrational tantrum, and Ourzen was comparing him to a non-human rather than to a child, for the sake of maximum insult. Though I think comparing him to a child might a pissed him off even more, honestly. Well, all you really need to get out of it is that Ourzen was openly insulting the vice-captain because the vice-captain was being profoundly immature and petty and irrational [and that Ourzen was doing so despite the vice-captain being a noble, which pissed the arrogant, entitled vice-captain off all the more; Something which Ourzen was allowed to do because the special task squad serves directly under the king, and thus can't be punished by nobles directly].

Dex-chan lover
Aww I kinda wanted to see her beat that guy up too for some reason

Users who are viewing this thread