This Gorilla Will Die In 1 Day

Truly inspiring piece of storytelling and artistry, I pray this is preserved for future generations. 5/5

NOOOOOOO HARAMBE NOOOOOO NOT AGAIN NOT LIKE THIS PLEASE NO PLEASE DON'T PUT ME THROUGH IT AGAIN PLEASE

10/10 very good story

This is art
you know
there is an awful lot that is being conveyed by the simplicity of this masterpiece
on the surface you see a simple story of a gorilla that will die... but it goes much deeper than that
perhaps this work is a reference to our existences as humans? perhaps its morbidly trying to say that we all die?
what if, this work has no meaning, therefore associating us humans with that of meaninglessness
the art style encapsulates this emotion by expressing the chronically tired look on the gorilla's face; what if that was the authors cry for help?
or, is it a reminder that we should not fear death? for although death comes to all, we should make the best of what we have...
my life has been changed, and I hope it has changed yours too
10/10

Come on TL there's alternative ending,i can't understand it if you not translating it,we need you ASAP i need to know what happened.

Double-page supporter
@MaximumNut
I think the famous soliloquy from Macbeth explains this very well:
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

The gorilla beats his fist against his chest, he roars, and displays his strength and dominance as an apex predator, yet he, even with a less developed brain than ours, understands that with all his power, he still cannot defeat the slowly creeping beast that is death. His life is abruptly cut short without warning, a metaphor for how little little control we have our lives and surroundings.
Yet, upon deeper inspection, I have come to a more hopeful analysis. While it is true that he beats his chest, it does not seem to be with violence or anger, one of the 5 stages that people go through when accepting death. And although he knows that he will die tomorrow, there is no sign of desperation, shock, or even fear, just acceptance. He knows that he will not make it to the next day, yet he seems almost content with this information, which is strange considering that as a wild animal, their greatest instinct is based on survival. In his final moments of life, it seems like the only thing he felt was peace. Knowing all of this, the conclusion that I've come to is that the theme of this short story is not about the fear and terror we feel in the face of death, but rather the lack thereof. Maybe I'm reading too deep into this, or maybe It's because it's 2 in the morning and I can't think straight, but I think the author is trying to tell us that death is not something that should dread, but something that we should come to terms with, so that it doesn't control us and prevent us from living a life devoid of regret and dissatisfaction.

cried. absolutely incredible. would recommend this masterpeace to anyone who wants a good cry, and maybe have to something to think about before going to sleep everynight.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@farhvt Because this is now the best manga ever created, according to the user rating.

truely a masturful work by the author. Probably one of the most captivating works Ive ever seen so far, its so good its probably life changing.

Users who are viewing this thread