This Is an Obvious Fraudulent Marriage - Ch. 45

I feel like she executed him so fast mostly because of emotions . She was really mad at him and shocked cuz she thought Del died . I have a feeling like she will regret her decision later

I mean, that's the worst plan ever.
That's basically treason, plus killing of a noble highly regarded by the emperor.
I mean, y would he be pardon at all.

I thought he'd be a cunning character and that we'd get more story out of it but his assassination plan was really just a falling chandelier
Like, bruh

The pacing of the chapter did seem a bit fast but I do get the idea of doing an immediate execution. While there may be some benefits to doing a deeper investigation, Laylin already seems to clear on the corruption, it'd be more of a thorough verification of what she already knows. Also his traitorous statement alone (depending on ruler's temperament), not to mention the attempt on Del's life, would be enough to warrant execution. Having a the execution immediately in front of all the gathered nobles helps to send a clear message that any treason will be swiftly dealt with, even if its under the pretense of helping Sophen. As there might be others who may hold some thoughts on rebelling, this would serve to quell that. Moreover, this would also show that Del and Laylin are united and that there is no use in trying to appeal to Laylin alone. Though it may seem a bit gruesome by modern standards, this isn't unusual treatment for traitors, especially in the circumstance where you are establishing a new rulership.

Thanks for uploading!
Even though the assassination and execution happened pretty fast I still think it was done well

i feel like the point of this chapter was solidifying her as duchess and the strength she needs to have in the public. cause del didn’t order that mans execution, she did. she’s become more assured of herself and how to act as royal.

Fed-Kun's army
Well... When the chandelier falls, it makes my heart beats faster... Of course, not in a nice way..

@Elyursi Unfortunately that was not an emotional act, she chose to kill her emotions to kill that man. It was a political act to show how unforgivable an act of treason is.

Dex-chan lover
She is too kind for her own good, he did something unspeakable and had to pay the price for it. Showing pity for ilk like him is beneath her.

Dex-chan lover
..he really thought she was going to be happy he murdered her husband, he ded, I did it, reward me 🤣

@GruntZone360 Listing out a bunch of his crimes right then and there is fine, but that was neither the time nor place to do an immediate execution in front of a random crowd of nobles. There's a process that you'd have to go through, so normally one would imprison them and then carry out the sentence.

People here are defending it, but this is actually the act of a tyrant. She's not giving due process and this was supposed to be some banquet or something. It's not badass, it's lunacy. Now people are just going to fear her which I guess is a good thing, but that doesn't make her a good ruler.

She handled it perfectly, i was afraid she was going to forgive him or show sympathy because she's too goodminded but she really is doing her best to represent and manage her country

Dex-chan lover
@Kuroku2 Well... I didn't think it was 'badass' or cool or anything like that and I can understand why you'd class it as her looking like a tyrant... But I'm just glad the writer did something out of the ordinary with these 'shoujo' stories. A ruler doesn't need a court to carry out justice when you can define your own justice. She's already been benevolent to her own people but that can only go so far when someone like him has done so many wrongs... As she has listed out :eek: That's just my take... Everyone can view it their own way :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread