This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Nice play on the "childhood friend never gets the D" trope. I'm intrigued.

Hee..... seems interesting..... somehow she's always the childhood friend of the would be hero, and the hero would never come back for her..... it would be a great plot if the demon king is actualy the incarnation (not reincarnation) of her grudge lol

Dex-chan lover
I see, what's going to happen:
She gets a job in the capital (happened this chapter). Now I guess the story will make a timeskip very soon and she creates a small harem. At some point the hero will also visit the capital again. He'll be swooned by all kind of girls (again) and again he will have forgotten about his GF. But this time around he will encounter her and see, that SHE GOT A LIFE WITHOUT HIM? This will trigger him and drama ensures, as he is the hero and his needs have to be satisfied and she should yield "For the Empire!" and why did she turn up, that little whore (That what the other girls will say.).

We also don't know the full background story to that:
Have the last reincarnated heros all been the same guy (soul) that has been reincarnated (without memories of course)? Or is it a new douche bag all the time?
Have those hero been arseholes to begin with or have they been forced/manipulated into abandoning her?

If this time around hero is an arse, the BGS-configureiation (BackGroundStory) doesn't matter. Kill him with fire. But judging from how the best friend of hers reacted on "I won't be waiting", I fear the hero is actually a nice guy. How it might go depends on the BGS in this case.
- If it's the same guy in all lives and he wasn't forced to leave her (I mean really forced! Not like "You have to marry the princess or the kingdom will fall into chaos.", that's the kings shit to undo. In this case he left on his own decision.), crash'n'burn no matter how sweet he is this time around.
- In case the past heros have been somehow forced, it's a different story. The hero might turn out to be, well, the hero of this story.

The sad part is...I believe she couldn't turn him down as a "childhood friend turning lover" either. Either she couldn't tell, if he would become the hero (even if she had a good hunch) and didn't want to shoot him down, because of that (Husband-get this time around! Please don't forget, she isn't from Earth, but just cold as ice, as she is a burned child) or ... Just imagine there is the hero and he has to save mankind in the near future or ... a lot of people die or it's even THE END! Would you break that guys heart and maybe even his fighting spirit by turning him down? Sure, it would be the right thing to do, but....>>>THE END<<< is right around the corner!

Welp. I'm majorly interested in the next few chapters until scumb...the hero will turn up. I want to know, how things really are.

Edit: Oh yeah, there is also the matter, if she actually is a terrible wife. On the past heros: They all promised to come back, so I believe they had a good time with her. That cheating husband from life 2 can go and suck it! But that guy from life 3 might have left her for a good reason. Maybe she was cold that time around and married because of convenience. I wouldn't blame her too much since, 1. Waited|grew old|died from shock (after a year) 2. Also waited, but got the message earlier|married a scumbag|was bullied and 3. Waited, but also got left. Maybe she swooned a poor, nice fellow. Not a nice thing to do, but ... yeah... Or that guy just was a scumbag, too.

Dex-chan lover
She must've sold away the goddess's mother in a previous life. That's why she's being punished. Or maybe the goddess has yandere yuri tendency for her when she was a goddess and kicked her down to the planet to suffer for hooking up with a male god.

I get the feeling she is the reincarnation of the goddess and the guy she choose or loves, is bound to be chosen as the hero...

She fell for the same thing 3 times in a row before learn her lesson?
Wow

Dex-chan lover
This is interesting.

I feel like it's unfair to blame the current hero for something he didn't do, and she's the one abandoning him, but if you've had three lives' worth of burns, her response is completely reasonable. She's pursued happiness every time and it's been denied her each time, so the fact that she hasn't given up is admirable in itself.

Predictions for this story:
The Hero isn't a bad guy this time.
She's more important to the Hero process than anyone realizes.
There's something going on with the reincarnation system.

It could very well be that she's some incarnation of the goddess who chooses the hero by falling in love.
Or maybe she and the hero really are meant to be together, because if the Hero's soul is the same one each time, then them falling in love with the same villager girl's soul every time is already an act of fate.

Either way, great potential for a good love story, and great potential to just be a slice-of-life pursuit of happiness.

@Psychronia

Or maybe she and the hero really are meant to be together, because if the Hero's soul is the same one each time, then them falling in love with the same villager girl's soul every time is already an act of fate.

But if it was the same Hero, then he would also have the recollection of his past life, so he basically lied 3 times.

Given :
1st life - Doesn't count as a lie
2nd - He should atleast remember his past life
3rd - The heck, you can't forgot again you dumbass
4th - Stop bullshiting

Well, that is, if it was as you said, the same Hero

So whenever she gets reincarnated a demonking is born and her childhood friend gets to be a hero

Hm. So has she been reincarnated 4 times in a row? Because that's what it seems like. And if so was it in the same town each time? If it was I wonder if she hears stuff about her old life and family etc?

If she does it reminds me of this webnovel(?) the lady wants to rest. It's not translated as far as I know, but someone did like a summary for it. It would be similar in that she's constantly reincarnated in the same world (many more times than this mc). And I think she hears about herself and people she used to know. The romance aspect isn't similar as far as I know.

Back to this manga/story I'm surprised she waited until now to move to the capital and depend on herself. You think at least in the last life she would have. Although I know she said it was hard for women but her town wasn't that great either especially with the type of guys available to her.

Users who are viewing this thread