This Villainess Wants a Divorce! - Vol. 1 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Why he looks hurt? Maybe because the person he loves and he thought would also like him too, doesn't give a romantic fuck about him or at least not nearly as much as he fooled himself into believing. Sadly, that is even the sad state of the story.

Geez. Well, even if she is his ally, she did kinda deceive him the last few years. Enough reason to still stay friends, but also harbor a grudge against her for the rest of his live.

Dex-chan lover
She has reasons for not taking the prince seriously as a romantic partner. When they met, she was 25 and he was 12, even if it didn't look that way. To her, he was just a child.

More importantly, she has reasons for thinking the prince needs to become Emperor, and that to do that he needs Lancaster. After all, if he doesn't become Emperor, how long can he survive the Empress' intrigues?

Normally I’m immune to this stuff but omgg Cesar’s face hurt me omfg :( I forgot he said ily to her but she didn’t hear it earlier

But canaria rlly don’t give a fuck abt him romantically LMAOO

Y’all mad but idk why since it’s always been pretty clear she just sees him as a good friend , not a romantic partner and she assumed he’ll fall in love with Gracie

hnfg and cesar was blushing when he saved her from falling into the water but she didn’t care fjvkv this shit funny but I feel bad for cesar

@zenyo
Am I the only one that felt akward with how rigid and unatural the character's postures were in this chapter ?
I noticed it too. Especially when she's being pulled forward and caught, the characters' arms and bodies are very straight up/down with very little gesturing towards movement. (Look at how Canaria's arms are hanging while Cesar catches her. She's like a doll.)

That being said, I try to be generous in interpreting art and story, so one possible way to read this art (other than 'artist bad') is that the artist chose to make it so stiff on purpose because their emotional and personal relationship is so stiff and awkward. This is especially accented after Cesar comments 'you're really relaxed' just before the most physically active (but as already said, most rigidly drawn) part of the scene, when Canaria gets a fish too strong for her. The characters are definitely not relaxed, and Canaria's counterpoint to Cesar, "if you live in a hurry, then you won't live long", is also directly contradicted by her actions of speedrunning the novel storyline, ignoring what Cesar is saying when he's trying to reassure her, and going straight to divorce. But maybe I'm giving too much credit to the artist.

Aggregator gang
I don't think she is that dense...
She just don't give a crap about these "book" characters. It's like she hasn't really realized yet that she got isekaid for real. In the end, she is not dense, she just acts like a sociopath.

😱😱😱😱😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫💀

@Rowan @gum_rummy I agree!!!!! Ugh so mad cause her stupidity!!! Just thought self and what happened in past not realizing how much it Changed!!!! And the fact that he just might love her!!!!!

And I think she loves him, just bakarina level dense when it comes to that

Why are people so mad at Canaria? I get that it's a bit frustrating but she doesn't deserve so much hate and honestly the death threats are a lil too much. Some of yall need to understand that
1. To her this is all a book story so even though she've already changed the plot by choosing different paths & choices as Canaria, she's not being dense for no reason. Put yourself in her shoes, like maybe you became Ursula in The Little Mermaid. Even if you chose not to be mean on Ariel, you'll probably still think the prince would fall in love with Ariel.
2. Canaria doesn't think of Cesar in a romantic way. She's from a different (present) time and culture. That's probably why she doesn't think much about it before getting touchy with Noah. Sure, it would have been nice if she was super smart and understood the difference of where she is now and act accordingly, but it's still understandable.
3. Both are at fault here. Cesar should have told Canaria about his feelings if he was going to act this way, and Canaria should stop focusing too much on the original story and take a look on her actual situation. They should have had a deep heart-to-heart conversation.
4. Cesar's major goal is to become the emperor. It's only logical -even if you're not Canaria or you haven't read the original story- that the first prince would marry someone from a powerful house to gain his followers. It would be the easiest way to stand your ground against the enpress.
Idk everyone's free to have their opinions but I would just appreciate it more if some people would look into the situation in depths and each character's shoes before jumping to conclusions.

I donno why why but i really love ceaser's eyes..when he is happy when confused when sad his eyes has different expression..

Dex-chan lover
@dahlhoney
There's just a major difference between "reading a story" and "living the story". It's a common trope in "teach a kid something" sort of stories, to have a character live out the story they're trying to study. Heck, even southpark made a gag out of it, with the history of America.

And regard to most of your points...Honestly, I am running on a simple premise here;
If the author tells us "X", and then the princess goes: "X? what's that?"
I can only treat her as retarded. It's really not a smart move to give the audience the answer to a problem, when the rest of the characters try to figure it out. Imagine watching someone try to get to a destination across town, but you can visibly see that he is holding the map upside down. That's not fun to see.
So, yeah. Kinda hard to take most of these things into consideration when there's a more obvious target to focus on.

@Solipsist
I get what you mean. But we still take what we've read or our knowledge as a foundation to our actions.

Let's say we're traveling a country, and our research told us it's basic mannerism to idk...wear a hat in public. The real experience is obviously going to be different, like maybe a lot of people there don't follow strict mannerism as they used to before and some young people don't wear hats at all. But some of us are still going to wear a hat nontheless, bc they like to follow the credible source/research just incase. It's least risk-taking for Canaria to follow the novel.
You aslo have to keep in mind that Canaria is from a different world from Caesar's and different culture from us(who are most likely from or experienced English-speaking countries & cultures) so I find it a little insensitive to point her as a 'retard'. For example, sarcasm isn't taken as 'witty' like we usually do but rather 'rude' in some cultures, and it's not fair for those people to call the sarcastic person a butthole. I'm not sure what you meant with the author telling X and the princess goes what's X? But maybe some people are more familiar with navigations than maps thus struggles to use them.

The reason I strongly believe this is bc in Kakao(the original Korean platform) people were frustrated at Canaria but more upset with Caesar for not being straightforward enough. I remember this one comment: "Caesar ya know Canaria is dense af, you have to be blunt & straightforward with her." And "You didn't even confess yet you expect her(someone who considers you a friend/family member) to know or have the same depth of feelings as you?" Tbh there really are some people who needs to be told right in their faces for them to realize something.

And don't get me wrong I find her frustrating as well. I just think some of us are jumping on the bandwagon of hate before we really try to look from her perspective, and because we are so fixated on Caesar's feelings. Also it's not like she hit a puppy or is cheating, maybe turn down the hate a little, go easy on the death threats.

P.s. I'm glad you brought up South Park, love that show.

Dex-chan lover
@dahlhoney
Know what, let's make it simple. My main point was: it's not smart for the author to show us "X", and then have characters go: "X? What's that?"
You're right that it is not only applicable to the girl, but to the prince as well. It can go either ways, depending on your expectations.
But either way, in terms of presentation -- what happens here is that it becomes incredibly obvious to us, the audience, that the prince loves the girl, and we get to see them stumbling around the subject, which ends up making the whole ordeal needlessly frustrating and very tiresome to read through.
No amount of "perspective" will really change that.

p.s: still no new season for southpark, huh. Drats.

OHH yeah ok. I was confused by what "author" you were referring to, the author of the book Canaria read or the author of 'To Survive as a Hero's Wife'.

Not only do I get/understand your point(finally) but also I guess I have to respect what your thoughts & feelings are and not try to force or convince with mine. Glad we had a nice little friendly disagreement and shared our approaches, hope you enjoy the next upcoming chapters despite Canaria's act.

P.s. ikr tHe PaIN

Users who are viewing this thread