Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The Villainess Exploded

I DIDNT THINK THE TITLE WOULD BE TAKEN LITERALLY 😂 that’s bound to give the prince trauma, seeing a doppelgänger get blown up like that haha

Dex-chan lover
180% of plots in those stories is lack of communication, haha

Dex-chan lover
@liszst Same, I was thinking it would be metaphorical regarding how blushes can be drawn as a steam-mushroom cloud sometimes. Then new magic was mentioned and "going out spectacularly", and I figured something sort of literal, like teleporting away in an explosion of confetti. But no. She honest to good up and exploded, spraying chunks of flesh and blood over the entirety of the attendees. Rather than prince getting a trauma, I am curious about everyone else who first saw her explode and then the prince try to suicide.

Dex-chan lover
That was actually kind of a neat plot device I guess you could call it? I almost want to see something like that in a regular manga, instead of a one-off. Maybe the so called 'Heroine' in that story would be one of the scheming evil types, or if not evil, at the very least heavily delusional. The type seeing their surroundings as only a game, and their peers as only NPC's. So the Villainess who isn't a villainess at all in nature, fakes her own death and pretty convincingly at that.

If the Heroine of that story had some kind of hypnotic effect / power, maybe the mental hit of seeing the villainess die could snap the hypnotized "targets" (or whatever they're called, i forget the word) out of her hypnosis. Could lead to some intriguing political strife, since the villainesses are usually high ranking nobles' daughters, etc etc.

Basically we'd get to see all the capture targets who the heroine won over / hypnotized, we would get to see them properly react and cope with the loss of the villainess, who in this hypothetical case is not a villainess in nature, and all these characters know that but its too late now, etc etc.

Got the ol' noggin joggin' this one did.

Dex-chan lover
First time I want to kill the partner on this manga. She should just let him suicide.

Dex-chan lover
going by the title I expected something more like a shy villainess that activated some kind of low level explosion magic whenever she was too nervous, when that shit happened I 100% expected it to become a tragedy.
as much as I want to bash on the prince that meeting happened when they were 12 and he seems to have some hardcore social anxiety, I don't think he was an ass, rather he's just inconsiderate since he never thought about how his avoidance of her could contribute to a persecution complex that she'd expectantly be harboring.
but again they were children it makes sense that he went about it stupidly if none of the adults knew how they acted together. can't say I'm totally behind her staying with him but his apology + her request to start over works out really well
also literally self destructing in the middle of a one sided conversation (like yeah her assumptions came from accurate knowledge but still) is kinda probably completely unwarranted.

Quite liked this one, very cute art
The biggest problem to me is that 6 years is an extreme amount of time if that was shortened by a few years it'd feel a lot better. Respect how he was willing to instantly kill himself.

That explosion was out of the left field, holy shit
Boy should have made a move years ago. Oh well, at least they're being cute together now so I guess that's what matters.

Dex-chan lover
oh, hey, i finally finished the technique to make my own clone to fake my death, now i just need to choose the method.
poison? a stab to the heart? mysteriously coughing up blood and keel over? nah, let's go with E X P L O S I O N
bitch be crazy

but y'know, they really should've expanded the parts where the prince can't talk to her
i mean, i know it's for the twist, but dunno, it just feels cheap. expanding it from the prince's view and going for the comedy aspect, like, going for 4-koma kind of things with the punchline being that the prince can't tak to her again today, would be kinda neat
then again, fitting it as a one-shot might be hard, so eh

Users who are viewing this thread