Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 3 Ch. 5 - I Shall Take You Up on Your Offer With Pleasure

so they are 1/2 brother and sister and getting together..... okay.... well they are dragons and it works for the Targarians :)
what i don't get is the end was the illusion he put on to make them young or make them more attractive or something.

tbh i liked the idea of the villainess actually being vital to the kingdom's prosperity but this oneshot was more ham-fisted than usual. also don't like the idea of them being half-siblings/step-siblings. i do want to see a series about a kingdom similar to the one in this chapter- a kingdom where everyone is youthful and beautiful and healthy, but only because of magic and without it, they'll be wretched creatures.

wait that's just the the music & entertainment industry

Fed-Kun's army
Damn that plot revelation was kind of bizarre, but overall the story is pretty enjoyable.

Contrary to what several people commented, I think this volume is just as great as the previous volumes.

As self indulgent villainess stories go, this was too much for me. And it was very weird and all over the place?? Clearly they tried to fit in as many plot devices as they can in a oneshot. And they failed. This ain't for me, Miss Colleen.

Ngl this volume was pretty disappointing. Nevertheless thank you for the translations!!

Dex-chan lover
What a novel way to end with dispelling the illusion magic that made everyone look pretty.....

Interesting that Not-Maria-chan's looks didn't change...... but given this is just a Anthology oneshot I won't get too hung up on picking apart the implications and questions raised by that and the whole Illusion concept and its scale.

I'll save my weird theories and getting hung up on inconsequential things for lesser Manga.

@WhoCares - Gotta say that your username makes your comment even better lol . I agree. This chapter doesn't sit well with me either. None of the characters are likeable; all I'm getting from this clusterfuck is that the villainess is really, unapologetically vain and so are the people "under her spell". Her ML is a typical dreamboat on a stick with the personality of cardboard but hey he's hot so why does it matter? - _-;; Pretty hypocritical of the villainess to critique the MC for her harem and green tea bitch tendencies when she literally turned everyone pretty to suit her tastes. Honestly. Just why...I'm not sure if longer chapters will salvage this one. Hopefully the other chapters in this anthology are better.

Woah, I really like this one! But i'm a little confused... Is she and that dragon man related or smth? Cos her mother was the partner of the ex-dragon leader so who the fuck is the ML lol?

Fed-Kun's army
All i can say from reading this.

" yo wtf this is incest "

does anyone know of a manga similar to this btw? Like a series of oneshots

Supporter
She basically hypnotized the country to make everyone think the other are looking good... Really fun >.<

@WLeung Look at the 3 first pages of the chapter, there is many story that are available on Mangadex.

Is this considered incest? I mean, it wouldn’t if the predecessor of the clan were to adopt the current god, or if the clan choose the chieftain by power, then it also doesn’t necessarily mean incest either. If we BELIEVE that the predecessor is a faithful man (which is most likely the case) and did not marry another because he only loves his wife, then the chance of this being incest is even less likely.

So let’s REFRAIN from jumping into conclusion and hate on the story, okay?

I thought the last one was the best in the volume, but wow am I glad to have been proven wrong. This is the kind of villainess story I’ve always imagined, always wanted to read. I actually want to write a novel with a similar plot, and it’s been in my head for a while, and I might finally get around to writing it. Reading this, feels like the author read my mind, and wrote the story from my dreams. The names are weird, but wow did I love how this went. I love the characters, and I love the plot. My god I love this, because it feels like someone made one of my dreams come to life, but with all the villainess stories out there, and since the trend seems to be undying, it should be no surprise that someone else had the same idea as me. Or thought of a similar concept, honestly, it’s the kind of villainess we’ve always wanted to see, so I’m so glad that it’s finally out in the world. Maybe I should stop talking about me and sing more of it’s praises, because it’s amazing. Is there a webnovel or something for this? Because I’d love to read it.

Dex-chan lover
<33333333333 loved this one

Also, I may be wrong, but the ML said predecessor and stepmother. I don't think they're blood related.

And no, it’s not incest, he said predecessor, and so I’m going to infer he was probably elected or appointed as the head for being the strongest or something, as is the case with these stories. I’m surprised no one knows, didn’t anyone else have a dragon shifter phase? Like during you Wattpad phase? Along with the werewolf, vampire, good girl/bad boy, among other phases during your preteen and teen years?

Users who are viewing this thread