Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 4 Ch. 3 - A Story of Being Unable to Help Being in Love

@Meo right. This story didn't sit right with me either. At the end of the day, just like the girl, it not wrong to fall in love. The fl here didn't want the prince but rather the position of queen and her pride...i don't think that is a good thing...Cause if you do harass someone they have the right to fight back. Also the whole bit ab self-defense against a thief is such bs. How you gonna blame the girl when your fiance cheated on you. That doesn't sit right w me... ofc I'm not saying what the prince did was good or okay. but what I'm trying to say is that both the prince and the fl are not good people...

Awwww... the ending was cute.
And I love the fact that finally, they said it as it was, and the prince & his girl faced the consequences. Nicely done.

You guys are arguing that what Eris did was wrong but did you completely forget the title of this entire novel? She’s a villainess, so her doing this kind of stuff shouldn’t surprise nor shock anyone. I for one am actually glad that she did such devious acts befitting her role and still got her happy ending regardless

I mean at the end of the day the story is villainess type and yes Eris did some things wrong BUT the prince didn’t need to treat her like that and girl who apparently stole the prince was in position so she should have known what was coming she fr should have just left them alone. And Eris did spent her life becoming queen AND she was engage with the prince soooo it’s like studying for your entire life but end up no jobs or no future. So you could say everyone was in the wrong here.👊🏻🤭

y’all kinda dumb for defending the prince n that lover girl. I mean who could accept something like that. You’ve been forced to do this that for years then some girl just made your effort for all those years go to waste. He could’ve just taken her as a concubine if he had a speck of brain cells

Just to tl;dr arguments here for new readers:

- Most comments side with the idea that FL was not in the wrong for her actions because, honestly, adultery is never okay -- even if it's based on "love."
- In addition, the romance is not set in some modern era where the breakup has zero consequences -- the FL is a Duke's daughter (i.e. right under the Royal Family in terms of noble hierarchy), the Prince is a Royal, and the Antagonist Female Lead (AFL) is far lower on the noble hierarchy. Thus, a breakup of the initial match would doubtless have significant political ramifications that most stories enjoy ignoring. In such societies, duty to the nation trumps love, so the prince's love is moot.
- There is also the extensive training the the FL undertook to even be considered a potential Queen, all of which was neatly sidestepped by the AFL on the grounds that "the prince wuvs her." This essentially means that, had the FL not acted out, the kingdom would've likely had an untrained Queen at the side of an idiot prince who can't keep his mind out of his gutter every time he looks at his Queen. Not exactly the best recipe for a stable administration.

- Those who are in favor of the AFL argue that the FL should have let them be happy because either "well, it's love, right?" or they find that the FL went too far with having the ML life-swap with the Prince and dumping them into (presumably) miserable poverty to live out their adulterous lives together.

Fed-Kun's army
wdym by she has her faults
if i were her id slap the girl more

Now THIS is the type of Villainess story I like to see. The FL got her revenge and happily ever after with a good man and the antagonists got their comeuppance.

Everything Eris said to those two was correct. They only came to her after they fell in love and just expected her to let them indulge in their selfish wish, when they were ignoring the ramifications of what their actions had done not only to her, but could have done to the whole kingdom and that's ridiculous.

wow.. so there are people out there who justify cheating just because it was "out of love".

i mean, if i were her, i would likely do the same. why would i give the position that i've been struggling to get for years, to some b*tches who happened to be my fiancé's lover, just because they loved each other and we are not? whatever the reason, people who openly cheats are the wrong ones.

the manwhore prince is wrong. he should've try to understand and spend more time with the FL, that simple act might spark some 'love' on their loveless engagement.

the thot lady is also wrong, she clearly knows that the manwhore who happened to be her lover is in fact engaged, but she don't care. why? because, "wE jUsT mEeT aT tHe WrOnG tImE, iS tHaT a SiN tO fAlL iN lOvE?"

The major problem is that the prince and his girlfriend are using underhanded tactics and public shaming to get him out of the engagement instead of trying to handle anything respectfully.

They cornered or FL so she defended herself. The prince was about to set the guards on her for striking his gf. He could have gone so far as to imprison or try to execute her saying she struck his soon to be fiance.

Our FL knew he was an idiot who would be a bad king given his actions and lack of any tact or diplomacy so she decided to step up as queen by usurping his power. The former prince got to live with his beloved and the kingdom got a competent ruler.

@Meo, Let's begin, this is set in a medieval setting, where love was one of the least important things in a relationship so "They were in love" doesn't work here, second, adultery is never ok not even if there is "love" involved, third, why do you expect the villainess to be respectful to the manwhore when he wasn't?

Users who are viewing this thread