Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Yuri Sisters, I Don't Dislike That. (6)

Dex-chan lover
Oooook. So a bit of a russia-thing trivia. Nicknames are a thing in russia, but they are mostly (yong) male (who try to be hip) thing or of criminal background and most of the time is an improper thing to call each other. When russian first names (even those loaned from other cultures like greek-roman or norse) they have meaning and like about 12 different forms either as slight alteration of name, shorter version or diminutive form. (Like name Vladimir has froms of Vovka, Vova, Volodya, Vovochka, Volodyuka among others, same with Alisa as Alechka, Alya, Aliska, Ala and ect.) They are the thing for close relations, i.e. friends, family, lovers. Usually (well most of the time) consent goes from the person itself and it's extremely impolite to impose it on someone who is not your friend or closer. Now russian is extremely polite when it comes to names. Calling someone by surname is impolite, a good way to offend and get into trouble, in formal speech to call someone by just name or surname is to purposely insult the person, you should use the first name with a patronim instead. Only people on equal footing and in non formal situation and being at the very least acquaintances can call each other by first names.

So the whole thing in the chapter is our MC being a bit of an ass toward person of other culture.

Dex-chan lover
Damn! well it terms of Russian culture my man was a bit rude to Alisa but nevertheless nice save!

Users who are viewing this thread