Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Ch. 42.5 - Special Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
I really wanna go to Japan and [gently] slap every mangaka for "silver hair blue eyes russian" trope) Most russians either brunets or hazelnut or natural blond hair color with some gingers and blondes on the fringes, and eyes are mostly hazelnut and grey with some green, hazelnut+green (my eyes color) and very little of blue eyes. This Silver hair blue eyes looks alien to every native, FFS we are not snow kings and queens here xD

Dex-chan lover
Sooo, the authors have a consultant for russian and it is still crappy and or strange at times?.. Damn
(Also, this anime I would definetly skip, do not want to cringe every time japanese actress would try to speak russian as a native -__-)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for this!

Not the first time I saw a manga adap showing how an anime adap dubbing or a audio drama is being recorded, but it really always is interesting to see them being reported like this. Takamatsu Misaki (creator of Skip and Loafer) also did something like this in one of her chapters and it's interesting to see also how the creators are taking it in.

P.S. Big-mipe is truly talented and professional as well. And she really has some nice presence in social media too.

Dex-chan lover
I really wanna go to Japan and [gently] slap every mangaka for "silver hair blue eyes russian" trope) Most russians either brunets or hazelnut or natural blond hair color with some gingers and blondes on the fringes, and eyes are mostly hazelnut and grey with some green, hazelnut+green (my eyes color) and very little of blue eyes. This Silver hair blue eyes looks alien to every native, FFS we are not snow kings and queens here xD
That's what a snow sovereign would say :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
Whaaatttt?!?!? Russian peoples do not have silver hairs and blue eyes?!?!?!? Immersion ruined :notlikethis::notlikethis::notlikethis:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the upload. I am sure if MC propose, Alya will collapse in joy

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
There's always so much gossip about people. Like the world revolves around the MCs. Which, to be fair, it does, since it's a manga.

If you want flowers to decorate a room, you want perennials with long bloom cycles. And if you don't know what would be good, just ask. Unless it's a strictly cashier type shopkeeper, they tend to like to chat about their stuff.

It would be more convincing if she could say that without blushing.

Not cut flowers. They will die soon unless you want to dry them.

Yeah, for every flower, there's someone, somewhere, who says it represents love.

I don't think it's too snobby of him considering how she usually acts.

This Silver hair blue eyes looks alien to every native, FFS we are not snow kings and queens here xD
As a Swede, I can relate.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from how bad the pacing is, I really like the anime, especially how smooth the animation is, but there were a lot of scene that were cut out that I wanted to see animated, especially the festival dance scene, that scene was the most defining scene of the main characters. Alya taking the lead and shining while Kuze being part of the background but helping her shine more. It's a shame they removed that.

Last edited:
Contributor
The funny thing is that the author had an interview a couple years back where they basically said Roshidere was originally designed as an isekai anime. Like, the whole premise would be that a schoolgirl pulled in from Japan to become a hero would speak in Japanese to her party members… unaware that one of the party members also came from Japan and knows what she’s saying.

Then the author looked it over, went “wait, a fantasy series means I would need to think about worldbuilding and magic and shit like that” and rewrote it so it is what it is now, replacing the gimmick with Russian instead of Japanese. Meaning that here, it’s not really far off to say the author treats Russia as if it was another world entirely.

Dex-chan lover
So, again, why is male lead hiding he knows russian again?

Users who are viewing this thread