Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Haah, Fine (1)

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I hated so far abt the series was the NUTS TO THE DIRT DRAGGING OF CHAPTERS MY GOD I HATE THAT FLASHBACK. If the pacing gets better then its ok

The future of the romance is not going to be a problem since its likely just the 2 russian siblings and Kuze vs his self confidence

Although I dont know where he gets his sudden drops of confidence "oh woe is me", I hope its explained thru a trauma or something cus otherwise fuck it sucks

If the sister is the girl from Kuze's past, why did she change her looks? The girl from the past had golden hair with blue eyes, but the sister has brown hair and golden eyes.

Yes, though we won't be getting the back story for a looong while.

It's definitely not how I pictured it whenever it was mentioned in the LN. Makes total sense that it's like that since it's a prestigious school and all that but, for whatever reason, I couldn't help but imagine it like some of the other student council offices from other manga.
is it gonna turn to harem?
plz more spoilers

Dex-chan lover
Stings me a lil, but I won't be clicking on this manga for a while, probably should just drop the childish harem BS fantasy, apparently its confirm with the LN :poop:
I have a friend who is still reading it that confirmed it's going in a harem direction. Which is very shit, but eh, it's a fun enough manga. Alya deserved better than to be put in the harem of the classic Japanese underachiever protagonist, I feel, competing against her own sister and shit.
If it makes you feel any better, I've read all the but the latest two translated chapters, and even going by the tags on Novel Updates
It's not a harem. I can totally see it being the set up for a harem plot, but throughout all the 7 volumes and 2 chapters I've read, it has just been a love triangle.

Nobody else makes moves on him besides Alya and Masha, nor does he make moves on the other characters we meet.

Dex-chan lover
Kuze's literally playing the same role for Masha as Alya plays for him. Low-key hilarious.

If it makes you feel any better, I've read all the but the latest two translated chapters, and even going by the tags on Novel Updates
It's not a harem. I can totally see it being the set up for a harem plot, but throughout all the 7 volumes and 2 chapters I've read, it has just been a love triangle.

Nobody else makes moves on him besides Alya and Masha, nor does he make moves on the other characters we meet.
How is a love triangle much better than harem ?
It's like saying aids is better than cancer
shame-go-t.gif

Dex-chan lover
How is a love triangle much better than harem ?
It's like saying aids is better than cancer
shame-go-t.gif
Never said or suggested that it was. You were concerned about a non-existent harem and I pointed out that there wasn't one and that you didn't have to worry about it becoming one.

Not sure how you came to think I'm advocating one being better than the other when that wasn't remotely close to the point of my response.

Dex-chan lover
so who does he love?
we want spoilers
His first love was Masha when they were kids. Outside of that though? Because it was so long ago he doesn't remember much about her besides what he felt, he does eventually remember and eventually again his feelings for her have come back a little bit.

It also seems like he's started to like Alya more with all the time they've spent together. I'm not sure if he realizes it yet though.

People have been doing that crap for a while now. Probably idiots who think it's "preserving the original Japanese" or some shit, despite that most people can't read Japanese.

Sorry to prefer the romaji over the translation name, but this was the norm back in the day and I'm used to it. I would like to have name fields for the official english translation followed by fan translation and/or common title names.
I'm pretty sure there was an option to let you choose which one you like to be the default one.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry to prefer the romaji over the translation name, but this was the norm back in the day and I'm used to it.
"Because I'm used to it" is different from changing it after everyone else gets used to a translated title.

I would like to have name fields for the official english translation followed by fan translation and/or common title names.
There is a list of titles in various languages, and on the manga page there's one title and an alternate title. The one I'm most concerned about is the one that shows up in the feed, and as the browser tab label.

I'm pretty sure there was an option to let you choose which one you like to be the default one.
I've not seen that option, but I'd like to have one.

Dex-chan lover
To those who know, does Masha actually have a Russian boyfriend or it's just a shield against boys confessing to her?

Dex-chan lover
Oh god. I was enjoying this so much. Then in came the fucking love triangle bullshit with an extra dose of melodrama.

Was it really that difficult to just make it so that it could be a love story strictly between Alya and Kuze? I just wanted fluff and romance progression.

Unfortunately, dropped. :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
To those who know, does Masha actually have a Russian boyfriend or it's just a shield against boys confessing to her?
Masha's boyfriend who is named Saa-kun is actually Kuze Masachika. It came from how she pronounced his name (MaSAAchika).

Back when they were younger, Masachika and Maria spent a lot of time together and fell in love. It ended somewhat badly when Maria had to leave for Russia.

Maria, having shit Japanese when she was younger, mistakenly said that she does not want to see Masachika again when she really meant 'If we really are fated to be together, we will meet again'. Masachika, with all the trauma and confidence issues he had when he was younger, had processed this really, really bad and thought Maria didn't love him anymore. He even kept coming back to their meeting place because he could not believe what he thought Maria said, and eventually gave up on her after some time.

As for why he did not recognize Maria, she used to be blonde with blue eyes when she was younger. And on Maria's side, she had a big hunch that Masachika was Saa-kun but when she tried to speak Russian to him Masachika did not respond (they used to speak Russian to each other).

Users who are viewing this thread