Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - Take This Hand (2)

Supporter
In Masachika's defense, Alya doesn't really know her intentions at this point, either. That won't happen for several more volumes. At which point she's not even really in the lead anymore.

Supporter
It would have, but just because he can understand it verbally doesn't mean he can speak it. Unless he can and I forgot since this manga updates slowly.
He can speak Russian. He knew a little when he saved Masha from her bullies, then studied the language seriously to further their communications.

Supporter
it's gonna be a long time till they explain to her about the yuki misunderstanding :kek:
She's promised to tell everything after the election, but a) they never seem to have a set date for that and b) I wouldn't trust Yuki as far as a cavalry team can throw her.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how Russian works, but in Italian if someone says "ti amo" (I love you) the meaning is 100% unambiguous and can only be romantic love. Now I can give some slack to Masachika if he's not sure how to react since from Alya's perspective he can't understand Russian, but please author don't turn him into a super dense protagonist, I'm reading Kuzuhana and that's enough.

Dex-chan lover
bro just tell her you understand russian
42888036187d85b34993cad0c7aa6e47.gif

Dex-chan lover
If you look at page 10 you can see her lips does in fact touched his cheek. I believe this case is closed your honor.

tumblr_inline_nw8dg1a5Hc1rz0vyf_400.gifv

Dex-chan lover
Maybe there's more than one 'love' in the Russian language
There is only one word for "love"(" Любовь"(noun)/"любить"(verb)) in Russian
Therefore you have to usually add in what "sense" you "love" someone: familial, romantic, friendly, sexual, etc. If no "add-on" used, when said from one to other, you have to guess from the context of established relationship.
Here, he could only assume either:
a) that she is messing with him(weird, since he has to assume she doesn't know of his russian),
or b) it's romantic, and /not/ go into denial.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't know how Russian works, but in Italian if someone says "ti amo" (I love you) the meaning is 100% unambiguous and can only be romantic love. Now I can give some slack to Masachika if he's not sure how to react since from Alya's perspective he can't understand Russian, but please author don't turn him into a super dense protagonist, I'm reading Kuzuhana and that's enough.
Read answer above

Dex-chan lover
Also, to all "She fuckin kissed him, WDYM, dense a-hole", in novel it was explicitly stated that basically: "Due to numbness of his cheek after slap, he felt next to nothing." In manga it isn't as explicit, but still, how did you read this chapter, ya dinguses?

Supporter
If you look at page 10 you can see her lips does in fact touched his cheek. I believe this case is closed your honor.

tumblr_inline_nw8dg1a5Hc1rz0vyf_400.gifv
His cheek is numb from her violent assault and he doesn't register contact. She claims it's a "cheek kiss" (which is not at all the same as a kiss on the cheek) and he has no way to tell otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
FMC: "I love you, i want to marry you, i want to spend the rest of my life together with you"
MC: "Hmm, i wonder what she meant by that?"

Well, at least she stand by what she said and not spin the word "i like you.." like another romcom manga.
Maybe she's Canadian

Users who are viewing this thread