Tokimori-san ga Muboubi desu!! - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Tokimori-san and cleaning

Dex-chan lover
and it's not just 100 chapters of blueballing like Amano megumi was.
I never really got the complaints of Amano Megumi, or others of its ilk, to me it's almost like an American cartoon where it has a set up (MC and Megumi hang out) and gag (Megumi shows her goods), and it's always going to go through that set-up and gag, and expecting anything else from it is missing the point. It's like wanting guns and explosions from a romance.

So in the same way Wile Coyote would never catch the Roadrunner or just eat something else, The Male MC couldn't tell Megumi to be more aware or get together with her - until the ending that is.

Granted, perhaps that's just the way I saw it.

Dex-chan lover
I never really got the complaints of Amano Megumi, or others of its ilk, to me it's almost like an American cartoon where it has a set up (MC and Megumi hang out) and gag (Megumi shows her goods), and it's always going to go through that set-up and gag, and expecting anything else from it is missing the point. It's like wanting guns and explosions from a romance.

So in the same way Wile Coyote would never catch the Roadrunner or just eat something else, The Male MC couldn't tell Megumi to be more aware or get together with her - until the ending that is.

Granted, perhaps that's just the way I saw it.
I think it's a fundamental difference between Japanese and American humor. The US, and the Christian West broadly, is much more puritanical when it comes to sex and the human body. In Japan boob and pervy jokes like this manga are very basic body humor, the equivalent to fart jokes in the US, but in the US, everything having to do with the human body is shameful and taboo, so the gag aspect is less appreciable. Also, a lot of Manga/Anime fans are sexually frustrated young men.

Users who are viewing this thread