Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol. 8 Ch. 939 - The Tomo-chan Theory

Dex-chan lover
Yup ... sounds like a 'Tomo idea' if I ever heard one ... she definitely puts the 'meat' in meathead. But Good luck with your relationship with the 'man' you just emasculated. Mom knows the truth. Then again if we go by the comment section ... there is nothing wrong with this. It's all kind of asinine anyway but I will give Jun props for asking for permission even if he didn't need to ... or actually shouldn't have in the first place. So this is your just deserts Jun-boy.

I would have been fine with (actually preferred) a tag-team ... but Tomo had to Tomo. Onward to the end.

Aggregator gang
Well Tomo's Dad was sort of right. Jun is too pathetic to date Tomo if he has to rely on her to fight his battles for him. Hopefully Jun will interject or at least be allowed to "help" Tomo via tag-team but as of now, this is only serving to make Jun look weak. And everyone here doesn't seem to care because "you go girl". We already know Tomo is stronger than Jun, and it wasn't like Tomo standing on the sidelines in support of Jun would make her a weak character.

Yeah the Dad not allowing Tomo to date is a dumb plot line, however this could've serve to show Jun's strengths though his love for Tomo, but now that's not going to happen. I know people in the comments are more than likely saying "He tired to fight the Dad. Isn't that enough?" Nope, it shows that he can't do much without Tomo doing it for him.

Flawless logic. Nothing more to see here. Great job Tomo, you silly bonehead! :D

Dex-chan lover
@KazumaLee94 it doesn't really showcase Jun being weak, on the contrary he is probably one of the best martial artists for his age in Japan together with Tomo. But that doesn't change that he is inexperienced as fuck compared to Gorou and it wouldn't exactly surprise if me he was one of the top Judo practitioners in the entirety of Japan either. That is why Jun said ''years'' to beat Gorou because that is the realistic length of time it would take for him to get the experience under his belt needed to beat Gorou and this is why Tomo was so mad also because she knows this.

Gorou will probably end being tag teamed though.

Supporter
Boy there sure are a lot of butthurt man-children in this comment thread that seem to think Jun is the main character of this comic and have missed the point so completely it would be like standing in France and declaring you have discovered Argentina.

Tomo's dad and Jun are both being morons. Dad for declaring that he's the gatekeeper to his daughter and Jun for even thinking that she's just a prize to be won. Both are conspiring to take away her autonomy and treat her like an object rather than as a person with her own thoughts, feelings and goals. Tomo has every right to jump in to this stupidity and assert herself, this is who she is and how she wants to be, her friends understand that completely and if Jun doesn't them he shouldn't be with her in the first place.

Aggregator gang
I mean, she's not wrong.

ETA: sweet jesus what are these comments

@Bobtoad1 How is Jun treating her as a prize to be won? Isn't he just trying to stop Tomo's dad from gatekeeping her from dating him? I don't see how you could just say something that stupid. Maybe Tomo's dad is trying to take away her autonomy, but Jun? No way, I think you're just stretching to make them both the enemy, when really the only one that has any fault here is Tomo's dad. The only bad thing Jun has done is abiding by the conditions set by Tomo's dad. Think at least a little before you comment. Jun clearly cares about Tomo and wants to date her, and vice versa, Jun is definitely considered her feelings, but he's also considering his own. Even if Tomo's dad didn't try to stop them from dating, Jun would probably still try to beat him, because he just wouldn't feel right about dating her. Every one of these lame ass man children are wrong, don't misunderstand my point, but it was like you tried to douse a gas flame with water. You tried to make a point, but you just sound even more butt hurt than them.

Users who are viewing this thread