Tonari no Furi-san ga Tonikaku Kowai - Vol. 3 Ch. 26

Dex-chan lover
People actual mad... LOL. The FMC is a PASSIVE character and the only time she was positive active was with the MC (follow him in the manga club or cook the lunch, for example). Right now she interact more the others that MC, because the OTHERS directly interact with he more that MC. The MC was a passive character from the begin and never change until now. Just this...

Dex-chan lover
@EzarFR you have issues, wtf is wrong with you?

thought this comment section couldnt get any worse but you get take the cake

Everyone mention "NTR" , but how supposed it to be NTR if MC Dan FMC still isn't in relationship? It's not called ntr, you guys read to much fkin ntr doujin.

Go to bedroom, slap yourself ten times then sleep. Don't overthink this too much

@Akikako why are you people still saying this stuff? It is literally established that Furi did nothing. Saying MC is at fault just is wrong. Defending FMC because muh female is just wrong.

the only time she was positive active was with the MC (follow him in the manga club or cook the lunch, for example)
Follow in the Manga club? She literally talked 1 word to him in the club in the span of 26 manga chapters. He said he felt lonely while sitting next to her because she blocked him from being allowed to chime into any interaction ever. Cook the lunch? She literally was ok with him sharing it instantly so it was nothing special at all. She even let other dude brag to taira that he already ate her cooking exclusively and she didnt care. She literally made every effort to make him think she doesnt like him particularly. This whole jacket thing, every dude suddenly being into her and the confession now to easy progress just is lazy. MC didnt have to be done dirty like that.

MC CAN ONLY BE PASSIVE AT THIS POINT WHEN BEING A STRANGER TO HER IN HIS OWN EYES. HE DOESNT SEE HER BLUSHING OR THINKING ABOUT HIM FOR THAT 1 PANEL EVERY SECOND CHAPTER TO BAIT FLUFF. THATS US READERS ONLY.

@Freestyle There's nothing wrong with me. Truthfully, I absolutely despise and curse NTR.

But sometimes, I just want to see the MC weakly crying as his crush gets taken away to a sole female orgy with all of the boys in school, including teachers and staff. Especially in wholesome and fluffy romance-comedy mangas such as this hahaha

Dex-chan lover
@coldconut07 I just say that BOTH MC and FMC are passive and all the little progress were did by FMC until now (yes, there are despite you say), now it's the MC turn to move. I would agree if you say that is badly written and the author could avoid NTR-bait and pointless drama.
You say that for her the MC is a stranger, just because she is friendly with other people, come on, it's obviously not the case https://mangadex.org/chapter/1181208/10 , AT LEAST for us readers.

This comment section is WILD! If you are legitimately upset about the slow progress in this wholesome manga then you are clearly reading wrong kind of manga. Maybe you should go 👉

Anyway...
Can anyone tell me what is happening page 4, bottom right panel?

Dex-chan lover
What I don't get is how people can think Furi is passive. She goes out of her way to spend time with Taira and when they randomly meet up she always tags along. The only thing she isn't doing is saying she likes him outright. Taira can't really be passive either because he can't even realize that he likes her, that's why this is happening.

This is a story that's built on a misunderstanding. Everyone thinks Furi is a delinquent, so with that out of the way, Taira's personal misunderstanding is thinking he's not as close to her as everyone else is and not understanding when he's jealous. That's why he's dense. If he's smart enough to realize that the funny face she makes is her being happy and she makes them around him a lot, he can be smart enough to think that she might like him.

But the most outlandish thing is people saying that Taira thinks he's a stranger. He might not think that she likes him, and he might even think that he's not a close as some of their shared friends like Okuta, but he doesn't think they're strangers, that reaching way too much.

@aleigh45 that's the policeman from chapter 20, he showed up at the end of sports day too.

@HawkGoggles but it is not reaching. And she is everything else but actively trying. She never went out of her way to do anything for Taira. She went into the same club and hangs around the same people but thats all. And in doing that she hurts him even more.
The only thing she isn't doing is saying she likes him outright
Not at all. She literally showed him no special affection at all. Feel free to refer to my last comment.
Follow in the Manga club? She literally talked 1 word to him in the club in the span of 26 manga chapters. He said he felt lonely while sitting next to her because she blocked him from being allowed to chime into any interaction ever/on multiple occasions. Cook the lunch? She literally was ok with him sharing it instantly so it was nothing special at all. She even let other dude brag to taira that he already ate her cooking exclusively and she didnt care. After that she embraced said dudes jacket a whole day not even thinking about dear Taira
That is only a part of all her "going out of her way".

Also, how is your statement
If he's smart enough to realize that the funny face she makes is her being happy and she makes them around him a lot, he can be smart enough to think that she might like him.
making any sense at all? He literally does see 1% of what the reader sees. Thats why he says in multiple chapters whenever he sees her with ANYONE else "I hope I can be like that with her" or "I am so lonely sitting next to her" etc.
It is not outlandish at all to think Taira thinks of himself as a stranger. He is seemingly sure that he has NO relationship with her at all, being distant friends at best. We see Taira multiple times feeling distant and negative- even uncomfortable.

We know he is starting to like her- but we always knew she actually is crushing hard on him. But she never did anything in particular to make him think that to get things going. in conclusion, YES Furi is indeed PASSIVE. Literally 5 examples I got in 3minutes of skimming the manga. MC is too but he realized and now is trying to act on it more and more. But author didnt want to work that out so he went cheap bait all the way.

Dex-chan lover
I just binged this even though I read a lot of the chapters and even forgot where I caught up and was reading new stuff. My prediction is that he will hear her say that she has someone she already likes, then Taira will go into an even deeper spiral of depression thinking it must be someone else. I know the starting premise was that he was afraid of her, but I was hoping they could become a couple and it would change a little to be more like Horimiya. I bet they will get together and that will be the last chapter. I wonder if the cop is his dad? They look so much alike.

Dex-chan lover
@coldconut07 If a person aggressively joined the same class committee as you (ch2), asked for your phone number (ch2), helps you out with menial tasks (ch3), joins the same club (ch4), is willing to walk you home in the rain, after you've already been offered (ch5), is able to have casual conversation (ch6), Gives you a wrapped thank you gift even if its just a big of snacks (chp6), and have a nice touching moment with a cat together (chp7); if all of that happens and you still want to say that those two people might as well be strangers, that's on you. If a person goes out of their way to spend practically their entire school day with you, and their free time when they were out doing other things, they are trying.

A person's perceptions on those actions is a different matter. Taira's perception of those actions in the first 7 chapters are mostly, "is she trying to bully me," and that misunderstanding is entirely his own fault. But by chapter 8 he is able to perceive that Furi is a good girl who wasn't trying to bully him but didn't give her tendency to fallow him around or what those earlier actions meant much thought either. As compared to literally everyone else in this manga, and I'm not talking about the the people who figured out Furi's crush. Everyone in their class is obviously aware of how much time these two spend together.

Manga club: (ch10) we see them speak about a book and having fun with the Prez. We can assume that, that's their normal club life. (Ch19)they learn about a phone game that the two of them play together even at home. The situation you bring up is Furi and the Prez talking about an anime that Taira hasn't watched. He's not being left out, he just doesn't have anything to say. In fact all three of them are close enough that the two had made prior plans to study together and they both wanted to invite the Prez along, but he took a dive so they could be alone together.

The lunch: She presented that lunch as her making extras and while she's okay with others eating it, she says that Sawamura has to ask Taira for them because she gave them to him. Taira got mad because he didn't recognize her cooking because all three of them were in the same group for the cooking class. To be fair to Taira, he was told earlier (ch19), where he called her his friend, that those omelettes were made by her mom.

The jacket: she was cold. She isn't responsible for Taira getting jealous all by himself. Just like he isn't responsible for her jealousy in chapter 13.

As I've stated in my previous comment, it's fine that he doesn't assume she likes him, but he is smart enough and has enough information to figure it out by himself. His current problem is that he's too dense to figure out his own feelings and that warps his perception of Furi's actions with him compared to everyone else. That's fair, that's human, people get jealous. But to think that these two aren't close, to think that this boy is depressed or is getting beaten down, that we have no idea what runs through this boy's mind is to ignore half of the story that is actually going on.

In terms of perception, here's most of the things she did when Taira starts thinking of her as just a girl from his perspective. And again, if two people being together isn't enough to make you think they're close, I don't know what to tell you.

(ch12) Thinks her saying she wants to meet up during summer break is club related and helps sets up the camp.
(ch13) Can't understand why she's mad about the maid stuff but does the food taste better bit anyway.
(ch14) Goes to the pool with her just thinking it's something for Ryuji but still gets to spend time alone with her.
(ch16) She offers to hold his hand twice, with the second one being way longer than needed.
(ch17) Gets jealous when he see Furi and Nagatomo hanging out, unaware that they are talking about him and thinks they look close but is relieved when he figures it all out.
(ch18) Still cant tell what that goofy face means when he goes out of his way to sit together.
(ch19) Is able to call her his friend and calls out to her to join him. Also the chapter with the phone game.
(ch20) The one with the black haired Furi dream and wanting to see her smile.
(ch22) Is happy she's making friends and even assumes he knows her the best. Finds out he doesn't but with new information he is able to contextualize old situations. They pair up all by themselves for their art project and he takes a secret picture of her. He also walks in on the Furi and the Prez fighting and questions their own closeness.
(chp24) He's left to wonder about her conversation by himself, but he's left out because it's too embarrassing for her to talk about. She goes out of her way to get him some reading tickets and with the extra he gets her a bookmark because he realizes that she helps him out all of the time.
(chp24) He assumes that her not thinking of him as a brother makes them distant instead of thinking about it as the boy next door. And even though they have a group chat, she still privately messages him later that night.
(Chp25) The dream is kind of awkward when you put it under the context of her dating her "little brother" but insecurities aren't always logical. And at the concert, this boy isn't aware that he isn't really thinking about her as just a friend but as a potential love interest. So the confession is just laying everything out for him.

Users who are viewing this thread