Tonari no Kurokawa-san - Ch. 3 - It's Not Naughty!

Dex-chan lover
dude, even doraemon has nude scene...and i read that shit in my 10 12 years old back then

Dex-chan lover
I mean the argument kinda made sense. It's a slice of life Manga about someone's life. People change clothes in private. We have to show life as is.

Of course that's only when you don't think about the fact that a manga has limited space to tell a story so everything is purposeful. I mean generally we don't get a chapter that entirely a character sleeping with nothing else or see them brushing their teeth for 2 minutes irl. So changing the clothes made the cut for a reason. And in theory that reason could be to show part of the character's shyness... or more likely it's just fanservice 😂.

Actually LOL on the teacher catching them and destroying the MC's logic in seconds tho.
If it was an important moment that the manga wouldn't be able to deliver the story about, sure having a changing clothes scene might be necessary, but you could easily show it from their back to reduce the amount of lewdness.
You probably get a bit desensitized when reading manga and watching anime, but for normal people used to western media even this is probably too much.
I've always been bothered with that western media glorify violence and show gore without issues, but sexually related stuff is completely prohibited. Probably one of the reasons Japanese media appeal a bit more to me, it makes a lot more sense the other way around. Violence is honestly worse than sexual stuff logically.

46y0na.PNG

Dex-chan lover
I like how his best argument of choice was basically 'no u'. However, it's admirable that he didn't double down to claim that the teacher's naughty too.
Frieren lewd? Really?
I haven't read any of it myself but isn't the most well-known scene from the anime the part about the potion that dissolves clothes?

Dex-chan lover
I like how his best argument of choice was basically 'no u'. However, it's admirable that he didn't double down to claim that the teacher's naughty too.

I haven't read any of it myself but isn't the most well-known scene from the anime the part about the potion that dissolves clothes?
It's not really a lewd scene though. Sweats profusely.

Dex-chan lover
Is she the fabled modern audiences as people in the industries call it...?
All jokes aside, I don't understand why some people say it's sexual when cleavage shown but doesn't bat an eye when male characters show up in speedo/ underwear

if we're being real: a lot of male nudity is played for comedy, or at least perceived as such. Some may find it erotic, but that's the societal reasoning.

And Kurokawa did have a point: audience matters. A shoujo shows a locker room scene and it's just a bonding moment. a shounen does it and it's fireworks in every male's pants.

Dex-chan lover
It's not really a lewd scene though.
Well I was only being half-serious, but if someone who's already suspicious of manga asks you for wholesome recs, and you give them something that isn't squeaky clean... Yeah.
And when you read the stuff on the regular, it's easy to forget about some random fanservice or even ignore it altogether because in the end it's just padding. The things you end up remembering are the stories and interactions.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I thought this was gonna be kinda of whatever. But this specific chapter has the right layout of comedy. I’m loving it

Dex-chan lover
sensei must be the mangaka isnt it thats why the manga sets in that school

Dex-chan lover
The similarity between Kurokawa and LoveMav heroine is too uncanny and somehow Kurokawa herself denied this in chapter 2. The teacher also look at LoveMav heroine and didn't comment about it(which is understandable but still).
Her fanclub also didn't rave about it.
I have a very very strange feeling about this situation.
:worry:
In before the manga was commissioned by her grandfather.

Dex-chan lover
if we're being real: a lot of male nudity is played for comedy, or at least perceived as such. Some may find it erotic, but that's the societal reasoning.

And Kurokawa did have a point: audience matters. A shoujo shows a locker room scene and it's just a bonding moment. a shounen does it and it's fireworks in every male's pants.
that's what I meant. Most people will make a fuss of sexualised women, but when men sexualised nobody care. There are quite few shoujo/ josei manga that show racy moments for both men and women characters as well

Dex-chan lover
that's what I meant. Most people will make a fuss of sexualised women, but when men sexualised nobody care. There are quite few shoujo/ josei manga that show racy moments for both men and women characters as well
My first exposure to manga sexual content was from shoujo manga that I borrow from my classmate. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread