Tonari no Kurokawa-san - Ch. 2 - She's A Friend

Dex-chan lover
..... shit.....
Fuck, shes cute as hell. Death desu, geh.

Supporter
I'm really intrigued by the "manga reflects reality" aspect of the story. Like, at first I assumed that maybe one of her fanboy classmates made that manga but now that shit is predicting the future.

I'm also curious if it will be a legit supernatural element or just a silly thing that happens and is never explained.
Yesn't? Like, if the author took inspiration, or rather heavily modelled the setting's school after the one they're attending, then it stands to reason that, in their effort to do research, they took particular notice of things that are a bit off, or stand out. Such as the single plum among the cherry trees.
In terms of symbolism, ume blossoms are often associated with resilience and perseverance. Because they bloom in the cold of winter, they are a symbol of hope and renewal, emerging from the darkness of winter to signal the arrival of spring. They are a reminder that even in the harshest of conditions, life can still flourish. Sakura blossoms, on the other hand, are a symbol of the impermanence of life, as they only last for a few weeks before falling from the tree. In Japanese culture, there is a concept called "mono no aware". It is based on the understanding that everything is impermanent so one should find happiness in the now. Sakura blossoms are like the physical construct of this belief. Their short but brilliant blooming time is a reminder that nothing lasts forever and that we should cherish the beauty of the moment.

While both ume blossoms and sakura blossoms are beautiful and meaningful in their own way, they have distinct differences. From their unique appearance to their cultural significance, ume blossoms are a true gem of the spring season. Sakura blossoms, whilst larger and showier, symbolize the impermanence of life and the need to cherish the present moment. Regardless of which flower you prefer, they are both wonderful symbols of the beauty and complexity of nature.
(kokorocares.com)​
But on the other hand, it would surprise me if the author of the manga wasn't either an alumnus of or a teacher at the school, and would make their appearance at some point. There are frankly too many prospective shenanigans for this not to be the case.

Double-page supporter
I'm really intrigued by the "manga reflects reality" aspect of the story. Like, at first I assumed that maybe one of her fanboy classmates made that manga but now that shit is predicting the future.

I'm also curious if it will be a legit supernatural element or just a silly thing that happens and is never explained.
i'll be damned if they do honestly. Like a god pulling the strings behind the scenes, or matrix bullshit like some of yall mentioned back in ch.1. Tbf that's just too much of a coincidence. I do love myself some bootstrap paradox though

Dex-chan lover
art is good enough, plot is just fantasy fulfilment (but as if that's new), I'll probably keep this on my plan to read list until the end of times or smth

Aggregator gang
Those who said in the first chapter that this feels like an early 2000s manga weren't exactly wrong, but in a way it's kinda nice to see the same old tropes played straight for once. I feel like there's a charm to that, too!
The protagonist not repeating how 'disgusting' he is because of being an otaku and 'someone like her of high status shouldn't hang out with him' is a huge W in itself :glee:

Dex-chan lover
In before the reveal that the manga is written by the MC who travels to the past

Oh no I thought that she knew that the same happening to the reality I guess that only happen at the MC no other than that what a cute girl for not having a tolerance she might be also not have touch this kind of things in her life as to what she said in the first chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread