Tonari no Neko to Koi Shirazu - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Man they're both so useless but so fucking cute at the same time!
Also, were glass-senpai's eyes always that freaky?
Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
For once, I'm going to defend the dense MC because his denseness isn't the main problem to be solved in the story this time - his extreme shyness is. As the senpai said, he misses out on a lot because of it, and I can relate to this from personal experience because I'm the same way. I'm not sure if it's interesting to read for someone who hasn't experienced it, but for me, a big part of this manga is watching how Seno overcomes his shyness and fights for the happy and fulfilling life he's been sabotaging himself.

Dex-chan lover
For once, I'm going to defend the dense MC because his denseness isn't the main problem to be solved in the story this time - his extreme shyness is. As the senpai said, he misses out on a lot because of it, and I can relate to this from personal experience because I'm the same way. I'm not sure if it's interesting to read for someone who hasn't experienced it, but for me, a big part of this manga is watching how Seno overcomes his shyness and fights for the happy and fulfilling life he's been sabotaging himself.
The problem I have with this is that between shyness and insecurities, that covers the vast vast majority of all romance shounens and shoujos. I like the manga - the artwork is fantastic and the focus on cats is a cute quirk, but the overarching character narratives are so devoid of originally that it seriously holds it back. As I read these chapters I can't help but just think "I've read this before"

But a lack of original overarching character narratives is a key problem with manga in general so it is what it is.

Dex-chan lover
Well it's too early for a confession (plus I'm not a fan of a festival SUKIDA cliches) but it's a nice buildup chapter nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
BECOME GREEDY PLEASE

XGqB8GD.png

Dex-chan lover
Sigh... the impatient me just start to get a little... frustrated or annoyed is a strong word, but my feeling is toward that direction.

These two oblivious kids... Just kiss and date already!

Group Leader
We were so close to greatness. But thankfully Nekozane gave us a second wind!

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but in the panels where Seno is trying to ask Nekozane for more of her time, the lighting on his figure follows the slight rise and complete fall of his confidence as he fails to reach out.

Dex-chan lover
So freking cute omg!

Dude gotta realise that he likes her a fair bit more than just ''friend'' soon right? But then again he didn't even know what friendship was up until recently, let alone something as complex as love.

Users who are viewing this thread