Tonari no Neko to Koi Shirazu - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Bros a bit  too dense. He almost fumbled when giving the fireworks to her.

On that note, senpai is mvp. I hope she finds love too 😢

Dex-chan lover
I really was hoping he actually got the message from Senpai and asked her to use the fireworks pack together, damn it Seno you keep missing out :slap:
The MC is just so damn annoying. I guess he's the ideal Japanese character. He is a slave to obligation (or even requests), thinks wanting something for yourself is a sin, believes standing out is evil, and refuses to accept any complement.

Look how in Chapter 16 Page 19 when he thought he was being complemented his automatic response was "THAT'S NOT TRUE!".

Dex-chan lover
The MC is just so damn annoying. I guess he's the ideal Japanese character. He is a slave to obligation (or even requests), thinks wanting something for yourself is a sin, believes standing out is evil, and refuses to accept any complement.

Look how in Chapter 16 Page 19 when he thought he was being complemented his automatic response was "THAT'S NOT TRUE!
I would say that almost the entire point of his character so far is that he's actually extremely not ideal. He has an anxiety disorder, has pretty horrible self worth issues and has got pretty terrible emotional intelligence and the manga repeatedly points out that these are not good characteristics.

Aggregator gang
Seno and nekozane, just sitting there, slow blinking at each other.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one okay with this direction? With how Seno has been portrayed so far? Because it's been realistic and down to earth and we still get progress, either from Seno and Nekozane and while it's been slow, there's development. They're going to take turns and make detours but they're kids, that's normal and they're exploring themselves and their relationship. They should go through all the hurdles, make those mistakes, sometimes regret but still learn and to do better. And thing is, Seno is just a kind and considerate guy. To the point of sacrificing his wants as shown here but I'm confident he will eventually learn to actually accept that it's okay to be greedy and to pursue your wants (like senpai said). It's going to be slow but he'll get there. And Nekozane as well, both of them will eventually understand and we'll see progress :)
Momo is such a girlboss for leaving Seno to watch over her bestie. Like I said, she's such a great friend character and more manga should follow her lead!
Also I feel this is such a unique take on a festival trope, usually manga would watch the fireworks or be at a shrine, but author decided to skip that completely and have them be in a secluded place, just to relax. I don't know, I just find it refreshing.

Fed-Kun's army
25th of October is a torturous wait😭…take your time Sensei, you’re cooking something real special.

Holy shi the author really cooked with this chapter. So volume 3 and all the chapters in it are coming all together on oct 25??

Users who are viewing this thread