Tonari no Seki ni Natta Bishoujo ga Horesaseyou to Karakattekuru ga Itsunomanika Kaeriuchi ni Shiteita - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I love how when that guy says he used to sit next to Yui is drawn like he's claiming she's his Ex girlfriend or something like that

Dex-chan lover
lol author is savage...
bXvFRnw.png

Double-page supporter
Eh?
Is mangaka trying too hard to make it funny? like what the heck, At this moment another girl should appear at least.

Fed-Kun's army
@Richman I can't believe you're the only comment so far highlighting this. Why would you confess to someone 10 days after meeting them because they picked up your eraser? It makes me think that the 'Seatmate Killer' title is just something the bitter guys she rejected gave her.

Dex-chan lover
@No1Kenkaku @Ohgodpleaseno It's not just because she rejected guys, but because ALL her seatmates confessed to her. For stupid reasons apparently (she was a little bit nice to them and gave generic complements that you'd normally give people)....

THIS is why most protagonist don't believe girls like them... because they KNOW they are these kinda idiots who could easily misunderstand...

@Hollow7F How is it her fault that guys use any little thing as a sign to confess??? I mean, she gave one dude a generic complement and to another guy, she just picked up his eraser and blew off the dust... being nice and polite is the normal thing... all of them just seemed to have somehow taken normal kindness and think it's love... like idiots...

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Tbh i do get her method of teasing MC to show love because i do the same lol, that's how i show my affection too.

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock dude, her initial motive was understandable but she overdid it and at this point she fully knows thats shes causing misunderstandings but she doesnt stop, the dudes are stupid too but she still fucking up

Dex-chan lover
@Benwor
Yes and very convenient too, the manga kinda skip it.
Basically she has a very specific ideal boyfriend figure, and it coincidentally match with MC

Dex-chan lover
So what I'm understanding is, she basically is just trying to be normally friendly, but the guys who sit next to her fall in love and confess, and she rejects them since she barely knows them. Then she gained a reputation for being a seat-mate killer. Now, when she gets a seat-mate that she's actually interested in, her reputation preceded her and is making him misinterpret her actions, which are genuine.

I feel like the characters and premise of this manga are actually quite solid, but the execution and pacing are just... off, especially the earlier chapters. The paneling feels odd at points too. Dunno if this is an adaptation of a web novel or something, but hopefully the manga can catch its stride sooner rather than later. A good idea held back by subpar execution can be harder to fix than a well-drawn cliché.

Regardless, thanks for translating!

The ecchi is so tryhard like it's from another manga, but agree with @Radicool21 that the romcom setup is solid. Wonder if it's the editors or the artists fault or something.

Users who are viewing this thread